What's new

Aimesh with AX86u and AC88u not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mattynz

New Around Here
Hey guys, I’m hoping someone may have the same two routers, and has managed to get aimesh working.
I have tried countless times to get the main router (AX86u) to find the node (AC88u), and it has never found it during a search.

I’ve made sure both routers are on the latest firmwares (tried official, and betas)
The routers are placed in very close proximity next to each other.
I tried resetting the node after every firmware flash.
I also reset both routers to factory default and latest firmwares, before searching for the node.

None of the above has worked.

Any suggestions?

Have you check if WPS enable or not? And if already enable, you may tried to reset it and resetup your wireless name and password back. Then, you may proceed to find your node.

Reset your Node to default, connect it (Wan) to the Main router (LAN), power it off. Start search from main and now power on the Node, once connected and added, unconnected the cable from the node. Power it off, move it to the location you want and power it on, it should reconnect via Wifi.

Seconding what KingBravery said, I was a beta tester for the AC88U and the 386 betas. Some builds forgot to enable WPS and you had to do it manually, some builds it was either automatic or I forgot and left it on ;). Also, there were a LOT of AiMesh problems with the 88U prior to I think RC10, so do make sure you are using at least that version. But RC10 and RC11 (the current beta) have worked great with my 88U. But I don't have an ax86u, so can't vouch for that side.

I am having same problem with my TUF-AX3000 (AP), a AC86U (node) and an AC88U (node) - all with latest firmware

The AC88U does work as a node but keeps going off line while the AC86U just won't join as a node.

My impression is that the AX routers don't play nice with older AC series routers.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!