What's new

All Devices Showing as Static

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ScenicView

Occasional Visitor
I have a new AC3100 that is running Merlin 384.4_2. All of my devices are showing as static (instead of labeled DHCP) in View List under Clients. Only one device has a real static IP, but this means I can't bind any of the IP addresses.

Rebooting and power cycling doesn't reassign any IP addresses. Toggling the DHCP server doesn't help either.

Any thoughts on how to release and reassign these addresses as the non-static addresses they are?

If the lease for the DHCP address on the device is not up it may not have requested a new one yet, and keep using the current address. Your router will show this as static since it doesn't have a record of giving out that address. Once the device renews its address your router should show DHCP again.

If the lease for the DHCP address on the device is not up it may not have requested a new one yet, and keep using the current address. Your router will show this as static since it doesn't have a record of giving out that address. Once the device renews its address your router should show DHCP again.

Thanks.

I also have a Netgear R7000 that I'm using as an access point. I have a beautiful new AC3100 in the basement where the modem is so its wireless is nearly useless. The R7000 AP is getting most of the wireless connections. I reset the R7000 and then rebooted the AC3100. Maybe that will help move the renewal process along.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!