What's new

(ALPHA) Asus RT-AC5300 Firmware Ver. 9.0.0.4_380_1680

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am comming from an AC87 to the 5300, and my house is not that big, but I did not feel loss of signal, almost all my wireless clients are AC, only cam's are not, and the only devices that connect in the 2.4 range.
I also noticed in the Apple webpage, that some of my devices support MIMO, they do not mention MU-Mimo, 6s plus and ipad pro mention only MIMO, in the macbook 12 and 15 I did not see any mention to that, Mac pro and macbook 12 uses a Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0.

But regarding to wireless, is stable and in my home strong.

No apple product has MU-MIMO. Only standard SISO and MIMO, unfortunately. I'm hoping they decide to join the bandwagon and also include NitroQAM (1024 QAM) with their next generation of devices. Also, I'm in the same boat. No issues on the wireless side at all on the latest alpha firmware. I was expecting frequent drops or packet data loss. I'm impressed at how well this alpha firmware release is working. Only issue is with the GUI. If I try to change client device names, it reverts back to the standard names the router assigns. Kind of annoying, but not that big of a deal.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!