What's new

Am i being cheap? or just practical?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

some_body

New Around Here
I have a dying/flaky G router with 10/100 wired that needs to be replaced. Connected devices and are-

2 wired PCs ( 2GB+ files back and forth periodically, one has a gigabit, obviously not currently utilized)
2 laptops (both g)
Wii (g)
LG TV (g/n for Netflix)
Apple TV (g/n for Netflix)
3 iThings (g/n)

ISP connection is 10Mb/s cable modem. Also worth mentioning is that no one really complains about connection speeds.

Looks like a refurb linksys E2000 is a good choice simply because it will allow the wireless things to work. Its not dual band, but I don't think it matters. It will allow me to get gigabit on the wired PCs with a new adapter, and a NAS is in the near future also.

So - am i being cheap? or just practical?

Thanks.

Oh no, absolutely not :) I just find the E3000 a lot better than the E2000 and it's only $10 more. If $10 is really too much for you, the E2000 will work flawlessly, I sold few of them with no problems.

edit:
By the way, the E2000 is dual band, the two bands just don't work together. You have to select 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!