What's new

Ambient Weather Device Loses Connection Nightly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iPrey06

Occasional Visitor
For a couple months now (maybe less than 2).. I have a device (the mentioned Ambient Weather WS 2902) that "loses connection" from my Asus RT-AX88U every night.. At relatively the same time. Then regains connection a few hours later. (Actually.. this morning I needed to reboot the router and the device immediately started broadcasting again.. I mean as.. sending weather updates to whatever server its sending too) I get a text every time it loses/get a connection.

I have tried flashing stock firmware and factory resets, but, still doing the same thing.

Just to test.. I moved the device and connected it to my linksys router and it stays connected just fine.

I noticed this thread (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/device-dropping-from-the-network.66450/) about a device dropping from the network. With similar logs that I see with mine ( WLCEVENTD (something..something): Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3 )

The device worked fine for awhile with this current router and for a couple years with my old router (Asus AC88u)

Any new ideas?

Weak signal or RF interference? Can you move the router and weather station closer together?

Do you have the latest firmware on your weather reciever? Found this on their website:

WiFi Firmware Update and Changes, WS-2902A, WS-2000 and WS-5000
Version 4.2.6:
Fixes issues with connecting to Arris, Asus and several other routers. The Wi-Fi chip manufacturer provided an update to their SDK.

I have a WS2000 and I’ve recently started having it drop internet connection as well. It worked fine for over a year with 0 issues. However there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it decides to drop connection. Most times it reconnects on its own (sometimes takes hours though). I’m having some other issues (like not uploading temperature sensor data) so I just chalked it up to my console going bad. I should check my logs the next time it disconnects. I have the most updated firmware and WiFi firmware for my WS2000 and also have an RTAX88U fwiw.

I set a guest network up using 2.4GHz with a separate SSID.
Disabled nearly all features in the Professional tab.
That solved my disconnect issues for both my 2902A and my 2000-C consoles.
Wireless-Gen-2.4.jpgWireless-Pro-2.4.PNG

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!