What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

good job with the work you have done with amtm so far!

amtm 2.5 is now available

What's new in amtm 2.5
- NO bug fixes (!)
- Some code adjustments (no bug fixes)
- Goodbye su: u and su are joined, u is the new su to check for script updates
- Welcome j6: @Jack Yaz' uiScribe https://www.snbforums.com/threads/uiscribe-custom-system-log-page-for-scribed-logs.57040/
- ew Entware menu has been renamed to ep (Entware packages) to align with the Diversion menu

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

4HRB57M.png

Nice work and thanks for joining su and u together but don’t you think the text should say “ check for updates” ? because the “scripts” word might be confusing for users who only have “amtm” installed without any extras.

Technically speaking “amtm” is also a script but we take it more in a sense of a script installer.

Nice work and thanks for joining su and u together but don’t you think the text should say “ check for updates” ? because the “scripts” word might be confusing for users who only have “amtm” installed without any extras.

Technically speaking “amtm” is also a script but we take it more in a sense of a script installer.
Hence the singular term script in "script updates".
Users will figure it out, I'm sure they will.

This is nice, but now we need another AMTM update and a Diversion update so we can "test" it. :D
It will look like this:
First line (Script update(s) are available!) shows there are third party script updates (from the point of amtm) and second will prompt to update amtm if there's any.

CB15coE.png

There's a hidden new menu entry: uu which replaces the old u to check for amtm updates only. But this is really only there for my convenience so I can update more quickly from the local server without the overhead of the new u.

There's a hidden new menu entry: uu which replaces the old u to check for amtm updates only. But this is really only there for my convenience so I can update more quickly from the local server without the overhead of the new u.

Now since we’re on the topic of hidden menu entries, can you please write them all in one place either in your website wiki or here in the first post. They’re quite useful but most of them are scattered in different places in this thread and searching for them is almost impossible, for example I remember there is a blocking file hidden menu to change the domains per line but what was the key for that?? I forgot [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji16]

Now since we’re on the topic of hidden menu entries, can you please write them all in one place either in your website wiki or here in the first post. They’re quite useful but most of them are scattered in different places in this thread and searching for them is almost impossible, for example I remember there is a blocking file hidden menu to change the domains per line but what was the key for that?? I forgot [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji16]
They're hidden for a reason ;)

Then why tease us with them every now and then? Keep them on an encrypted USB in a sealed container somewhere in an underground nuclear bunker on the Dark side of the Moon. [emoji14]
Mother, do you think they'll drop the bomb?

There you are, all amtm menu options:

rgmnpbX.png

Last edited:
Mother, do you think they drop the bomb?

There you are, all amtm menu options:

rgmnpbX.png

LOL thanks for that but too but now I feel stupid, it just clicked me after seeing the code, I’m in amtm thread and I was talking about Diversions hidden menu entries [emoji15]

Why not drop another bomb in Diversion thread whenever you get the green light from your secret Diversion Division.

Why not drop another bomb in Diversion thread whenever you get the green light from your secret Diversion Division.
I'll have to consult the regional manager first :D

Speaking only for myself, I can't get enough Pink Floyd lyrics stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Mother, do you think they'll like this song?
I know them all by heart, Umagumma and later albums.
In '87 as a young lad my late father (bless him) payed for a three month intensive english course in London after I finished my apprenticeship with good grades.

At that time I knew the lyrics of The Wall but did not understand them. I never forget listening to it on my Disc player one day towards the end of my stay and realising I finally understood (most) of what Roger Waters says.
A Momentary Lapse of Reason came out while there, on my birthday. Bought the album at Picadilly Circus that very day. The store was decorated with beds like those on the album cover.

Last edited:
In '87 as a young lad my late father (bless him) payed for a three month intensive english course in London after I finished my apprenticeship with good grades.
That’s truly astonishing: I was certain you’re a Brit living in Switzerland. That must have been some intensive course. And it didn’t fade away when you got back home, or did you stay in the UK after the course? What a unique gift your father gave you.

What was the apprentice in?

That’s truly astonishing: I was certain you’re a Brit living in Switzerland. That must have been some intensive course. And it didn’t fade away when you got back home, or did you stay in the UK after the course? What a unique gift your father gave you.

What was the apprentice in?
Agricultural machine mechanic. I know all about nuts and bolts and why a motor runs. Never worked in that field after four years on-the-job training. These days I commission very specialized systems worldwide and troubleshoot their software, electronical, electrical, mechanical and human interference related troubles.

I am Swiss trough and trough, my family name originated not far from where I live now, some 500 years ago. Grew up learning my native swiss german and high german (reluctantly spoken then in school because it's mandatory).
English is my fourth language, french the third (by far not so fluent as the others).
All together I spent years and years working abroad. Down under, the States, Maple Syrup Asuswrt-Merlin country, Brittania and many non-english speaking countries.

A Brit thinking from my writings here I am one of their own is a reason to celebrate. Cheers my friend, have a pint of your favorite amber fluid at your local waterhole - on me. I'll have a Tooheys dark ale if available.

Agricultural machine mechanic. I know all about nuts and bolts and why a motor runs. Never worked in that field after four years on-the-job training. These days I commission very specialized systems worldwide and troubleshoot their software, electronical, electrical, mechanical and human interference related troubles.

I am Swiss trough and trough, my family name originated not far from where I live now, some 500 years ago. Grew up learning my native swiss german and high german (reluctantly spoken then in school because it's mandatory).
English is my fourth language, french the third (by far not so fluent as the others).
All together I spent years and years working abroad. Down under, the States, Maple Syrup Asuswrt-Merlin country, Brittania and many non-english speaking countries.

A Brit thinking from my writings here I am one of their own is a reason to celebrate. Cheers my friend, have a pint of your favorite amber fluid at your local waterhole - on me. I'll have a Tooheys dark ale if available.
A truly wonderful narrative, Martin. Thank you. This forum is so much more than the sum of its parts.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!