What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am a little confused here. I am currently running 384.14 with amtm and several scripts. When I install 384.15 do I have to de install the scripts and Amtm , do I have to do a clean install of 384.15 and reinstall all the scripts. Thanks for any help you can provide

@bobpow before you update to 384.15, make sure each script is fully updated, including Entware and amtm.

Reboot your router at least once after doing the above.

Before doing the actual update, safely remove the USB drive(s) you have attached. Flash the firmware.

See this post if you have any issues accessing amtm afterward. :)

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-the-asuswrt-merlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-79#post-545885
Thanks for your help. I will wait until the final is available

@bobpow and of course, if you have any other issues after flashing the 284.15 release final, a full M&M Config may be needed then too. ;)

As usual, check the release notes to see if a full reset to factory defaults will be required for your router and/or from your current firmware version. :)

For those seeing errors in amtm after upgrading 384.15 firmware from alpha to beta, please run uu in amtm to get the updated amtm files.

I have RT-AX88U running Merlin 384.14 and I want to change the USB stick where I have installed some popular scripts: amtm 3.1.0, Diversion 4.1.8, Skynet 7.0.9, FreshJR QOS 8.8, connmon 2.2.0, scMerlin 1.0.5, uiDivStats 1.3.0.

What are the best steps to change the USB stick?

Uninstall one by one, remove old USB, install amtm, connect new USB, format EXT4 with amtm and start to install back all scripts?

I have RT-AX88U running Merlin 384.14 and I want to change the USB stick where I have installed some popular scripts: amtm 3.1.0, Diversion 4.1.8, Skynet 7.0.9, FreshJR QOS 8.8, connmon 2.2.0, scMerlin 1.0.5, uiDivStats 1.3.0.

What are the best steps to change the USB stick?

Uninstall one by one, remove old USB, install amtm, connect new USB, format EXT4 with amtm and start to install back all scripts?
Diversion has a local back up function in d. Use it before replacing the USB stick. Diversion will pick up from there once you start installing it.

I saw that there are several Entware Package updates. Do you recommend updating them all or run with what was installed with diversion?
upload_2020-2-1_14-10-59.png

@Mutzli see the posts above yours. Yes; install all, follow additional directions as required.

Posting here because since many people upgrade Entware through amtm:

If you run scribe, logging appears to stop after upgrading Entware (syslog-ng upgrades from 3.23 to 3.25). There are two methods to get logging working again;
  1. The tried and true reboot. :)
  2. Stop and restart syslog-ng. Do not just restart syslog-ng, that doesn't seem to be enough. From the scribe menu, select st to stop scribe, then rs to start it. From the command line "scribe stop" and then "scribe start".
Any questions/issues with scribe/syslog-ng/logrotate PLEASE post in https://www.snbforums.com/threads/scribe-syslog-ng-and-logrotate-installer.55853/ NOT HERE! :D

@HorseCalledHorse, you're a better person than I for knowing and using 'vi'! :)

I use the WinSCP program. For me, much easier to navigate around the router, simply double click on the file in question and edit away.
That was my next stop. But I sat there for a while looking at the terminal window and it all started coming back to me - not enough to know exactly what I was doing, but enough to be very dangerous:)

For those seeing errors in amtm after upgrading 384.15 firmware from alpha to beta, please run uu in amtm to get the updated amtm files.

Did not work for me - "uu" command not found.
What did work was deleting the amtm directory in /jffs/addons/ and then re-running amtm at the command prompt.

@kernol were you in the amtm menu when you tried 'uu'? :)

@thelonelycoder, as per the previous discussion about colors in amtm during update, I think there is a mismatch of the colors when displaying entware packages that are available for update. It's only a cosmetic bug, nothing more. Look at the screenshoot from @Mutzli above and quoted here. Diversion, Skynet etc are up to date and, in this color scheme, green. The entware package is in red to indicate that there is updates available, but each individual package are colored green to indicate that there is an update. I use the blue color scheme, whereas Diversion, Skynet are in blue (indicating that they are alreday up to date), and entware is red (indicating an available update) whereas the individual entware packages are blue and thus colored as if they already were up to date. However, despite the "wrong" color beeing shown, there is also text explaining that there is an update, so it gets a bit confusing I think. But overall, not a big thingy! Thanks for your great work!

@thelonelycoder, as per the previous discussion about colors in amtm during update, I think there is a mismatch of the colors when displaying entware packages that are available for update. It's only a cosmetic bug, nothing more. Look at the screenshoot from @Mutzli above and quoted here. Diversion, Skynet etc are up to date and, in this color scheme, green. The entware package is in red to indicate that there is updates available, but each individual package are colored green to indicate that there is an update. I use the blue color scheme, whereas Diversion, Skynet are in blue (indicating that they are alreday up to date), and entware is red (indicating an available update) whereas the individual entware packages are blue and thus colored as if they already were up to date. However, despite the "wrong" color beeing shown, there is also text explaining that there is an update, so it gets a bit confusing I think. But overall, not a big thingy! Thanks for your great work!
Thanks, already fixed, right after seeing the same screenshot. Coming with the next amtm update.

Minor suggestion, when scripts have an update, there is a different color/highlight of font. But, when amtm has an update, it uses plain font. Should use different color/highlight to make it stand out. (Note: I'm referring to the "Do you want to update amtm now?" text)
Will this minor change satisfy your proposed suggestion? Theme standard is used in screenshot.

WuMka10.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!