What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

okay figured out how to save a putty log so here it goes .... see attached text file

Attachments

• putty log.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 321
how do i address the issue of being blocked access to my usb? I think this is a root/permissions issue. that is what started this mess when i tried to install amtm & got sh can't open amtm error.

how do i address the issue of being blocked access to my usb? I think this is a root/permissions issue. that is what started this mess when i tried to install amtm & got sh can't open amtm error.
amtm has a disk format function that will hopefully detect your usb and format it correctly for use in the router.

I dont know how to fix the mounting problem. I reformatted the usb to ext3 thinking that it didn't like my ext4 format ( & i saw some notes on it in my syslog stating couldn't mount due to unsupported optional features? I am not sure what to do next.

okay figured out how to save a putty log so here it goes .... see attached text file
From your unreadable screenshots and the text file I can only have one conclusion: You do something wrong.
In the text file you have the amtm install command completely wrong. Copy and paste the full, exact amtm install command and press Enter. I repeat: Only copy the full exact line and paste it into the SSH terminal, then press Enter.
amtm has no flaws AFAIK.

Last edited:
Update. SOLVED I finally got everything working, once I got the entware enabled & installed correctly after fixing the usb stick issues( I had configured stick for ext4 with no success , so I reverted to ext3 formatting directly from router). I was hoping for my previous install of amtm without using an external usb ( since I was just intending to only access YazFi) Once I got it installed, I started to explore all the other goodies offered in amtm & I just may have to go with the full package instead! ;-) Thanx to those that offered help.

From your unreadable screenshots and the text file I can only have one conclusion: You do something wrong.
In the text file you have the amtm install command completely wrong. Copy and paste the full, exact amtm install command and press Enter. I repeat: Only copy the full exact line and paste it into the SSH terminal, then press Enter.
amtm has no flaws AFAIK.
Originally that wouldn't work for me. It was throwing code errors. Hence my flawed detour to success. All fixed now.

Feature request (if you're incredibly bored and looking for something to do) :D

When the local version number is greater than the remote version, point the arrow the other way, or put '##' in, or something else besides '->'; and color it yellow or cyan, or something else besides green. In other words, make it look different.

Like I said, if you're bored. I see it often because I up the revision of my local copy of scribe as soon as I make any changes to remind myself that it's not in sync with the release. And right now I've installed Jack's ntpmerlin beta.

Feature request (if you're incredibly bored and looking for something to do) :D

When the local version number is greater than the remote version, point the arrow the other way, or put '##' in, or something else besides '->'; and color it yellow or cyan, or something else besides green. In other words, make it look different.

Like I said, if you're bored. I see it often because I up the revision of my local copy of scribe as soon as I make any changes to remind myself that it's not in sync with the release. And right now I've installed Jack's ntpmerlin beta.
That's a VERY personalized request as it only is of use for you and maybe other third party developers.
I don't need it for my local testing as that case is already taken care of in Diversion and amtm.

That's a VERY personalized request as it only is of use for you and maybe other third party developers.
I don't need it for my local testing as that case is already taken care of in Diversion and amtm.
No worries. :D I figured it was long shot, but if you don't ask, the answer is always no. Consider the request withdrawn.

EDIT: I should have looked through the script before asking for that ... I see why that would be a colossal hassle now. Sorry.

Last edited:
EDIT: I should have looked through the script before asking for that ... I see why that would be a colossal hassle now. Sorry.
I was bored for a minute. Colors are limited in amtm and I am reluctant to add more.
This only works for j* scripts, Skynet and scribe, but not Diversion.
I'm not sure I actually release that as the version check as is works with every kind of version number: 1.0.0 vs 1.0.0_beta or 1.0.0_beta vs 1.0.1 works with the existing check but not with the code I used in this example:

f3OUTCe.png

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!