What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm sorry if offering my opinion makes him sorry that he asked for it. :(
It was a light-hearted aside after reading all the ideas and options, not aimed at your post (I didn’t quote anyone’s post). I know thelonelycoder said he’d go with the majority. Just a light-hearted comment for Christmas.

A very happy Christmas to one and all.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the responses to the proposals in this post. I heard you loud and clear: Colors, logic, and the ones that don't care.
Here's the result. One for the purists, one in color.

Note that the next amtm version will not return to the main menu when no updates are found, it will stay on the update page.
Notice the m instead of e to return to the menu when running u.
I'll see you all in 2020. Cheers!

Qtmt8t9.png

Thank you all for the responses to the proposals in this post. I heard you loud and clear: Colors, logic, and the ones that don't care.

Note that the next amtm version will not return to the main menu when no updates are found, it will stay on the update page.

Qtmt8t9.png
Thank you for everything you do.

Qtmt8t9.png
Thank you for all your harwork! Happy New Year and see you in 2020 :):)

Hi,

I'm having problems with my installed scripts lately.
Mine and mostly diversion gets easily corrupted.
If I do a reboot/scheduled reboot or power off/on, I get a lot of syntax errors, diversion and pixelserv stops working...

How can I reboot, power off/on without getting the whole drive corrupted?

Unmount, health check, mount doesn't help.
Everytime I have to reformat again the whole drive which is frustrating...
Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong

USB drive 16GB, One EXT4 part, journal on
Scripts:
AMTM
Diversion
SKynet
FreshJR QoS

256MB SWAP

RT-AC88U (384.14_2)

Or is any way to install everything in jffs to avoid corruption?

Thanks!

Sent from S.G. S9 Plus Duos using Tapatalk

Hi,

I'm having problems with my installed scripts lately.
Mine and mostly diversion gets easily corrupted.
If I do a reboot/scheduled reboot or power off/on, I get a lot of syntax errors, diversion and pixelserv stops working...

How can I reboot, power off/on without getting the whole drive corrupted?

Unmount, health check, mount doesn't help.
Everytime I have to reformat again the whole drive which is frustrating...
Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong

USB drive 16GB, One EXT4 part, journal on
Scripts:
AMTM
Diversion
SKynet
FreshJR QoS

256MB SWAP

RT-AC88U (384.14_2)

Or is any way to install everything in jffs to avoid corruption?

Thanks!

Sounds like its maybe time to replace that USB drive how old is it?

@sentinelvdx even if the drive isn't that old, some just aren't compatible I've found. I chuck them into the ??? pile and just use another that works without issues. :)

You could make a backup of all your files and settings and do a full clean re-install of both the JFFS partition (format on next reboot...) and use amtm to format your USB drive with Ext4 w/journaling on. Put on a 2GB (max) swap file and then clean install all your scripts. If it continues getting corrupted then; it is actually the nand that is failing. It if doesn't get corrupted on a reboot/shutdown, then it was (most probably) your previous settings.

If it was determined that the nand was failing; use a new USB drive along with your saved backup files and enjoy fault-free reboots once more. :)

@sentinelvdx even if the drive isn't that old, some just aren't compatible I've found. I chuck them into the ??? pile and just use another that works without issues. :)

You could make a backup of all your files and settings and do a full clean re-install of both the JFFS partition (format on next reboot...) and use amtm to format your USB drive with Ext4 w/journaling on. Put on a 2GB (max) swap file and then clean install all your scripts. If it continues getting corrupted then; it is actually the nand that is failing. It if doesn't get corrupted on a reboot/shutdown, then it was (most probably) your previous settings.

If it was determined that the nand was failing; use a new USB drive along with your saved backup files and enjoy fault-free reboots once more. :)

I'll give a try... because format was done with amtm exavtly that way... maybe I had bad luck with the last 2 usb drives I've been using.
I'll update later. Thanks!

I'll give a try... because format was done with amtm exavtly that way... maybe I had bad luck with the last 2 usb drives I've been using.
I'll update later. Thanks!

Try a SanDisk Ultra Fit, never had any issues with these drives on Asus routers.
A 16GB version is like $7

Hello Guys!

I am running on Merlin 384.13
Is it okay to install the latest firmware available without restoring the router to factory default and reinstalling entware /diversion / amtm ?

@BryanB, which firmware and what router?

Generally, nothing is lost by trying just doing a 'dirty' upgrade. But if/when issues occur, a full reset is generally recommended. :)

It also won't hurt to create a backup of your current firmware (including the actual installer, settings and a backup of your USB contents and the JFFS partition) before you flash anything new too.

Generally, nothing is lost by trying just doing a 'dirty' upgrade. But if/when issues occur, a full reset is generally recommended. :)

It also won't hurt to create a backup of your current firmware (including the actual installer, settings and a backup of your USB contents and the JFFS partition) before you flash anything new too.
you leave nothing to Chance do you?

Hello Guys!

I am running on Merlin 384.13
Is it okay to install the latest firmware available without restoring the router to factory default and reinstalling entware /diversion / amtm ?
I would go ahead and do it. Make a (dated and with firmware version number) backup of the settings and jffs before you upgrade.
This way, one can always go back to a previous state.
I do that all the time with my assortment of routers.

It Asus AC68u C1.

I would go ahead and do it. Make a (dated and with firmware version number) backup of the settings and jffs before you upgrade.
This way, one can always go back to a previous state.
I do that all the time with my assortment of routers.
Okay Thanks!

I've noticed this before, and it happened again today, so I mention it here in case in might be possible to fix.

When my ISP connection is down, amtm will not load. It would be nice if amtm could be used when the internet is down.