What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Two issues to report. I apologize if they have been mentioned before:

1. Email settings - Even though I enter my correct settings and the test email works all the time, I still get a “sending test mail failed” and mentions a curl error and to check my settings. This has been going on for quite some time now and in at least the last 2-3 stable firmwares. Not sure where my setup issue is and why does the test email still work despite this.

2. New firmware notification does not work - this is the very first time that I have seen this happen. Just flashed to 384.12 and never experienced this before. The working that I keep getting is something like “your firmware does not support Asuswrt-FW notification”. Does this have something to do with the recent 384.12 FW firmware notifications as per change log info?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. New firmware notification does not work - this is the very first time that I have seen this happen. Just flashed to 384.12 and never experienced this before. The working that I keep getting is something like “your firmware does not support Asuswrt-FW notification”. Does this have something to do with the recent 384.12 FW firmware notifications as per change log info?

Could be to do with Merlin changing his domain recently.

Two issues to report. I apologize if they have been mentioned before:

1. Email settings - Even though I enter my correct settings and the test email works all the time, I still get a “sending test mail failed” and mentions a curl error and to check my settings. This has been going on for quite some time now and in at least the last 2-3 stable firmwares. Not sure where my setup issue is and why does the test email still work despite this.

Thank you!

There are no such settings in amtm, might I suggest you head over to the Diversion thread and see if they can help you?

There are no such settings in amtm, might I suggest you head over to the Diversion thread and see if they can help you?

[emoji106] yes will do. Thank you!

Guilty! :)

Have typed it just too many times already! :)
Good thing I didn't code su as an OR option for u. Gets people talking :D
I did it for the amtm theme change tough. Diversion uses ct and amtm t. I added ct in amtm as an OR option because I too typed it too often because of muscle memory in amtm.

@thelonelycoder is it possible on any future update of AMTM to make automatic update check for all installed scripts and notify like the FW and Diversion checks?

Yes, I know what you think... "this guy is so f... lazy to just press "u"" hahahaha [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G965F Duos

@thelonelycoder is it possible on any future update of AMTM to make automatic update check for all installed scripts and notify like the FW and Diversion checks?

Yes, I know what you think... "this guy is so f... lazy to just press "u"" hahahaha [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G965F Duos
If so, then this would be built into Diversion update notification. Diversion already checks if an amtm update is available when checking for a Diversion update.

I need some help please. I think I royally screwed my router. I am running RT-AC68U with 384.12. I tried to install amtm using putty on linux & the terminal wouldn't install. It gave me error message sh: can't open 'amtm'. I then decided to come at it from a different angle & got my 8gb flashdrive in play to install entware. That was a no go with the terminal not even acknowledging the drive present. When i use dmesg the drive comes up, no need to break a sweat. It just wont mount or umount. It must be a permission issue but I dont know how to fix it. In earlier versions of both router firmware & amtm I was able to install no problem, but I want to enjoy life.. What is needed here to fix this? My goal is to get YaZfi back installed only, so I dont have to use a usb stick, although having amtm is nice too.

I need some help please. I think I royally screwed my router. I am running RT-AC68U with 384.12. I tried to install amtm using putty on linux & the terminal wouldn't install. It gave me error message sh: can't open 'amtm'. I then decided to come at it from a different angle & got my 8gb flashdrive in play to install entware. That was a no go with the terminal not even acknowledging the drive present. When i use dmesg the drive comes up, no need to break a sweat. It just wont mount or umount. It must be a permission issue but I dont know how to fix it. In earlier versions of both router firmware & amtm I was able to install no problem, but I want to enjoy life.. What is needed here to fix this? My goal is to get YaZfi back installed only, so I dont have to use a usb stick, although having amtm is nice too.

Please see the link below for the amtm Step-by-Step guide. :)

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421

install amtm using putty on linux & the terminal wouldn't install
In Linux, just use a terminal to connect via SSH to your router, no need to install PuTTY.

MS also just released Windows Terminal (Preview) in the Microsoft App Store. Works great and looks nice:
upload_2019-6-24_15-43-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-24_15-40-49.png
    upload_2019-6-24_15-40-49.png
    121 KB · Views: 349
MS also just released Windows Terminal (Preview) in the Microsoft App Store. Works great and looks nice:
View attachment 18392

I've downloaded this yesterday on my other system but didn't get very far with it. How did you log in to the router? :oops:

I've downloaded this yesterday on my other system but didn't get very far with it. How did you log in to the router? :oops:
use the following command:
ssh [Login Name]@router.asus.com -p [Port Number]

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!