What's new

Any adblock scripts for 56U Padavan firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi! I am newbie in configuring this router, and Linux in general, so I am interested in configuring adblock service on the router, so that it will filter ads.
I have telneted into router and copy-pasted all lines in the terminal but after restarting router and flushing dns nothing happened.
If somebody will kindly explain what do I have to do step by step!
The router is RT- N56U with latest padavan fw 27.03.2017, and a 120GB HDD with cache partition, attached to USB.
Also I would like to encrypt my connection through OpenVPN (router as client) so that my connections from PC's and androids are encrypted on the open net. (same as with the adblock I need step by step, because I was following tutorials on wiki and ended up eith nothing)
Please help!

there is my script that works for padavan :) think i even tagged it with padavan

either way check out the signature that i got its ublockr in anycase the rest should work too and if they dont ill happily rework em for padavan its one of my favorite router firmware

there is my script that works for padavan :) think i even tagged it with padavan

either way check out the signature that i got its ublockr in anycase the rest should work too and if they dont ill happily rework em for padavan its one of my favorite router firmware

What is "jffs". I have installed Entware-ng and I have a problem with activating adsuck or any other adblock. My knowledge of Linux is pretty limitted, so if you would be kind to rework the scripts for padavan firmware with entware or entware-ng, it would be nice. Thank you!

ignore the jffs part replace that with /opt/bin if you have entware installed.

jffs is used by asus-merlin and not padavan.

So how does this line have to look like?
echo "cru a ublockr "0 0 * * * /opt/bin/ublockr" >> /jffs/scripts/services-start

well since its impossible for me to know what you did in the first place since you started out asking about merlin installation question.

1. do you have entware installed ?
2 have you changed ports ?
3. do you have a usb thumbdrive installed on your router ?

kinda hard to know what you did and did not do based on the lack of information given here

1. I have entware installed
2. What ports? How and where to change them?
3. I have installed 120GB HDD via USB.
I would appreciate if You could explain all the steps, because tutorials you made, are for Linux experts and I am not. Actually I don't know "the mechanics" of the scripts, what they do etc...
Thanks!

Code:
wget https://gitlab.com/spitfire-project/ublockr/raw/master/ublockr -O /opt/bin/ublockr --no-check-certificate
wget https://gitlab.com/spitfire-project/ublockr/raw/master/ublockr.cfg -O /opt/etc/ublockr.cfg --no-check-certificate
chmod +x /opt/bin/ublockr
opkg install cron
sed -i 's|root|admin|g' /opt/etc/crontab
echo "0 0 * * *  admin /opt/bin/ublockr" >> /opt/etc/crontab

1. command gets the script that performs the blocking
2. comand gets the config need to run the blocking.
3. sets the script as executable
4. installs cron from entware
5. changes root to admin in cron so that the script can run on schedule
6. add a ublockr to run every midnight.

make sure opt is mounted on usb.

/opt/home/admin # wget https://gitlab.com/spitfire-project/ublockr/raw/master/ublockr -O /opt/bin/ublockr --no-check-certificate
Will not apply HSTS. The HSTS database must be a regular and non-world-writable file.
ERROR: could not open HSTS store at '/home/admin/.wget-hsts'. HSTS will be disabled.
--2017-04-04 19:27:19-- https://gitlab.com/spitfire-project/ublockr/raw/master/ublockr
Resolving gitlab.com... 52.167.219.168
Connecting to gitlab.com|52.167.219.168|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 7163 (7.0K) [text/plain]
Saving to: '/opt/bin/ublockr'

/opt/bin/ublockr 100%[======================================================================>] 7.00K --.-KB/s in 0.002s

2017-04-04 19:27:20 (3.39 MB/s) - '/opt/bin/ublockr' saved [7163/7163]

/opt/home/admin #

Thank you!
This is output from wget, both of them are the same.
Also, what about malware and privacy scripts? Can they be updated by this script or is it something different and what?

Code:
wget https://gitlab.com/swe_toast/malware-filter/raw/master/malware-filter -O /opt/bin/malware-filter
chmod +x /opt/bin/malware-filter
echo "0 */12 * * *  admin /opt/bin/malware-filter" >> /opt/etc/crontab

should do it please use the malware-filter thread for support in the future.

Well, I did everything but there are ads all over the screen, I dont know what is the problem, but, none of this scripts seems to work. Please advise!

Did you run ublockr at any point ?

/opt/bin/ublockr

its kinda hard when you dont got any linux skill to help you cause your not giving me much to go on so lets do it like this in the future you tell me what you did before you did anything and we will pick it up from there.. cause you cant just yell help i did everything wihtout saying what everything means, that isnt really helping me to help you.

Well i didn't see that anywhere, but after running it, results came! the script is awesome, only tutorial is a bit obscure for newbies like myself.
I now have fully functional adblock!
So now, it will update malware and ads list every night at midnight, right?

Attachments

• Telnet.PNG
    Telnet.PNG
    44.7 KB · Views: 565
this will only take care of ads and yes that should run at midnight, dunno if you installed malware-filter if you did you need to change some lines in it

specificly this line

blocklist=/jffs/malware-filter.list

that should change to /opt/bin/malware-filter.list

this will only take care of ads and yes that should run at midnight, dunno if you installed malware-filter if you did you need to change some lines in it

specificly this line

blocklist=/jffs/malware-filter.list

that should change to /opt/bin/malware-filter.list

Where do I put that line, also now I can't accsess 192.168.1.1, why is that?

in the malware-filter file

replace line 8 in /opt/bin/malware-filter

and again use the proper thread for support on malware-filter

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!