What's new

Anybody Seen any New AiMesh Firmware, Beta or Official?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Neil62

Just wondering whats going on, it has been at least 3 months now and nothing from ASUS on new AiMesh firmware, at least for the following models:

RT_AC68U
RT-AC5300
RT-AC86U

Last edited:
Just wondering what going on, it has been at least 3 months now and nothing from ASUS on new AiMesh firmware

Maybe they now consider it "finished" and they can now put all Engineering resources into the next New Shiny Thing for Marketing to blather on about?

:)

Just wondering what going on, it has been at least 3 months now and nothing from ASUS on new AiMesh firmware, at lest for the following models:

RT_AC68U
RT-AC5300
RT-AC86U
Waiting patiently ... to get back my RT-AC5300 TriBand, which was reduced to DualBand in the last Firmware Update over 3 months ago :(

big update? I'd rather prefer regular updates and focus on stability first

big update? I'd rather prefer regular updates and focus on stability first

Some things just take more time to develop and debug.

Some things just take more time to develop and debug.

Thanks Merlin,
Do you know if there's an beta program from ASUS we can joining? The current build has so many issues on AiMesh, we can assist ASUS on beta testing

Do you know if there's an beta program from ASUS we can joining?

They don't have an official beta program (that I know of), however they occasionally provide beta firmware either through forums (like SNBForums), or directly to users (when they are trying to troubleshoot something with them).

Asus used to have a fairly active beta process for AiMesh here on SNBForums. It seems to have winded down after it got out of beta however.

Thanks Merlin,
Do you know if there's an beta program from ASUS we can joining? The current build has so many issues on AiMesh, we can assist ASUS on beta testing
What issues do you have? I've been running aimesh with 3 nodes for a few months with out any problems.

What issues do you have? I've been running aimesh with 3 nodes for a few months with out any problems.

AiMesh is not running well on my wireless backhaul setup.
Unfortunately I cannot run cable in my house, so i have to rely on wireless backhaul.

I have downgrade both my AC3100 to 3.0.0.4.384.32799 and setup AiMesh again, so far so good.

I think I will skip 3.0.0.4.384.45149 and waiting to see the next big update (according to the rumour)

I was about to make a post about lack of releases for last 3 months. At this point, a new modern looking UI would be great.

Its starting to get a little frustrating for AiMesh users, its been nearly 4 months now and nothing. Find it a little hard to swallow, especially with the known problems, which are no secret to the AiMesh world. Maybe there are some nice and long awaited enhancements on the way.

Last edited:
new fw will be avaible for a couple of weeks.

Source?
And I assume you mean - "new FW will be available IN a couple of weeks"?

Asus employee.
Yes, new FW will be available IN a couple of weeks

Thanks ... I'll still believe when its actually "in the wild"and actually addresses AiMesh issues.
Also, Asus employees have promised all sorts of AiMesh things in various threads here at SNB that have never eventuated ...
Guest Networks across Nodes anyone? (just to name one) :)

Asus employee.
Yes, new FW will be available IN a couple of weeks

Hi @VANT,

I am using FW: 3.0.0.4.384.32799 for my (3) AC5300's (see signature) because I really want 3 bands for my AiMesh setup with my use of a wired backhaul.

Will the new FW "...in a couple of weeks" be:
  1. Available for the AC5300's?
  2. Bring back the 3 Wifi bands if the AiMesh users uses a wired backhaul?
Jim

I do not know what changes will be. I asked about 86, but I think it will be on all models.

New firmware released for a lot of models , not looked at changelog yet to see what's fixed/new

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk