What's new

Anybody Seen any New AiMesh Firmware, Beta or Official?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

this is a small changes, i think that is released becouse 45149 is buggy, and new big update needs more time to test.

i tried on Merlin's beta firmware but there is no aimesh in that one, is it possible to get that on it? Or if there is a guide on how to set it up probably maybe I just switch. lol

No update yet also for the ac86u

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

checked again today and still see nothing for the AC86U, why so slow......

And I really don't want anything AiMesh, not now and not in the future :)
It was a real nightmare while I was using it until I noticed even in our large house the RT-AC86U upstairs would nicely cover all 3 floors with 5GHz...

I don't have any issues with aimesh as others have reported. I did have to replace my RT-AC86U due to 2.4ghz constantly dropping but my replacement has fixed all issues.

Currently I'm mixed on AIMesh.. though I live in a place with metal lathe/mesh in the plaster walls... Iv tried it and AIMesh even wired was a bit of a pain.. But it does seem to work.. Though am probably going back to wired AP vs wired Aimesh... though it does resolve the issue of that one AP that really cannot be wired... that in the past I basically used as a wireless repeater to the AP vs the main router...
Main Router wired to AP wireless to a second AP/wireless repeater... AI Mesh just handles it all... Ill give it that much...