What's new

Anybody tried Marvell AQC107 firmware on TX401? Thiggins?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

follower

Very Senior Member
I never test it with my one. I will not do that. Maybe...Thiggins can test it right? I know Thiggins has 2 of them. I know I know! ;)
I believe in Thiggins.

They work fine with Ubuntu 18.04 with whatever firmware is baked into the kernel.

They work fine with Ubuntu 18.04 with whatever firmware is baked into the kernel.
I couldn't upgrade ASUS XG-C100C with Marvell firmware though. It doesn't work. I know there is a way to do so. But I didn't try it. Because it doesn't work properly after upgrade.

TX401 is not in the list. But it works fine anyway.

Supported devices

Motherboards with 10GbE/5GbE
ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE
ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming
ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7
ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate
ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate
ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Professional Gaming i7
ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier

NIC, TB3 dongles, and TB3 docking stations
Aquantia AQtion 10G Pro NIC
Aquantia AQtion 10G Gaming NIC
Aquantia AQtion 5G Pro NIC
Aquantia AQtion SFP+ NIC
Gigabyte GC-AQC107
Promise SANLink3 N1
QNAP QXG-10G1T
QNA-T310G1S
QNA-T310G1T
Sonnet Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3
Sonnet Technologies Solo 10G Thunderbolt 3

Picked up a TX401 today. Works well in Windows (although limited to 5G for some reason?), but in Linux (Manjaro) it will not detect a link. Going off of this thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aquantia-aqc10x-firmware-update.56888/page-4 and others it seems that a firmware update may fix this issue. Card is currently on 3.1.100. It also looks like Marvell has taken down the firmware update tools from its website. Are there reliable links to this anywhere? Thanks.

Picked up a TX401 today. Works well in Windows (although limited to 5G for some reason?), but in Linux (Manjaro) it will not detect a link. Going off of this thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aquantia-aqc10x-firmware-update.56888/page-4 and others it seems that a firmware update may fix this issue. Card is currently on 3.1.100. It also looks like Marvell has taken down the firmware update tools from its website. Are there reliable links to this anywhere? Thanks.
"limited to 5G for some reason?" : check your PCIe slot type and speed.
Firmware: https://www.marvell.com/support/downloads.html
PART NUMBER>AQC107>Marvell AQtion Firmware updater Utility 1.8.0_3.1.121
Everything works great including firmwares, drivers. Do not visit TP-Link. They don't have a new firmware. Just go to Marvell where I linked.
Warning.
Download an old driver before you install a new driver 'Marvell AQtion Windows 64-bit Driver 2.2.3'. It may show you 'Digital signature' issue. Your NIC and network will not work. If you have that issue install the old driver.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed response. I guess Marvell moved things from where the other links I had found pointed to. Was able to update the firmware to 3.1.121 and the driver to latest, and everything appears to be working well in Windows 10 but still not detecting a link in Linux. Will have to do some debugging there...

Thanks for the detailed response. I guess Marvell moved things from where the other links I had found pointed to. Was able to update the firmware to 3.1.121 and the driver to latest, and everything appears to be working well in Windows 10 but still not detecting a link in Linux. Will have to do some debugging there...
It works good with Linux. Have you read Readme file?

Right now I'm using the default driver in Linux. I have looked at the readme, but haven't had a chance to work through it yet. Thanks again.