What's new

Anyone else having trouble with repeaters and bridges on 378.55 and later?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jevel

Occasional Visitor
Been reading around to see if I could find anyone with similar issues to mine, but found nothing.

I'm currently using an RT-AC87U as my router, with an RP-AC52 as a repeater to get around a massive fireplace in my kitchen, and an RT-AC68U as a bridge for my NAS.

With the RT-AC87U running 378.54_2, everything works very nice, with close to 70 MB/s from a computer cabled to the RT-AC87U going to the NAS.

If I install 378.55 or newer, or the newest official ASUS FW, I will still see the NAS, the bridge (RT-AC68U) and the repeater in my clients list, but I will not be able to get any communication over the extender or over the repeater. If I get data over the repeater, it will be slow as molasses with extremely high ping. Most of the time I cannot even ping the IP of the repeater or the bridge.

What I've done to rectify is:

• Reinstall all devices with newest non beta firmwares, and reset them to factory defaults.
  • Set devices up with only the bare necessities to get them to work together.
  • Tried all different versions of bridging on both the RP and the RT.
As soon as I flash back to 378.54_2 on the RT-AC87U and the RT-AC68U, everything works as normal.

Has anyone seen anything similar or know of some setting that has been introduced which I have missed?

-KJ

Same Problem. Repeater Modus is not Working since 378.55.

Thank you for your reply. I'll wait a little and see if more are reporting the same, and then see if I can file a bug with Asus, as I see the same with their official firmware.

-KJ

I think that should be equal report to Asus. In order to fix it in the next firmware. I think a PM to ASUS_ASUSWRT is from Asus is the best way.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!