What's new

Anyone know if web history in Asus routers works if the router is in AP / bridge mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

netwdad

New Around Here
I can't confirm if the settings options open up in Asus routers when they are using AP/bridge mode. Web history is accessible in Asus routers in the General section, under Adaptive QoS. But does anyone know if these settings are available when the router is used as a wifi router in AP / bridge mode, when it connects to another router that handles the network?

I have a really old Asus router (no web history on this version though), being used in AP/bridge for wifi, and most of the settings are not available.

Anyone know? Thank you.

EDIT: I'm assuming this functionality doesnt work in AP mode. If so, can anyone recommend an affordable Asus router that has web history tracking, that has a USB port to capture logs over time? I dont even need wifi. I just need a good router thats secure that has web history and all the other goodies like port forwarding etc. I cant seem to find a list of Asus routers that have web history tracking. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Last edited:
There are no routing functioins when in AP mode so no, you won't find anything like Web History, that is dealt with by your router.

There are no routing functioins when in AP mode so no, you won't find anything like Web History, that is dealt with by your router.

Ok thanks. Can you recommend an affordable Asus router that has web history tracking, that has a USB port to capture logs over time? I dont even need wifi. I just need a good router thats secure that has web history and all the other bells and whistles like port forwarding etc. I cant seem to find a list of Asus routers that have web history tracking. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Would something like the RT-AX1800S work?

EDIT: Actually, I checked the Asus website. I dont think this model has web history tracking. The RT-AX3000 for $160 may be my next best bet. Is there a router with better value for what I need?

Last edited:
Actually come to think of it. Whats the best router for website history tracking on the market right now? Asus appears to have a so-so UI but it works from what Ive seen. Are other router manufacturers better for tracking? What routers have more functionality and options for digging deeper into tracking?

Does Merlin have a superior website tracking UI? Thanks.

Oh and I'm also looking to keep an eye on the kids apps that they're using on their phones. I get most of it will be SSL etc. But what are the best routers for tracking websites and app activity from wireless devices? Thanks.