What's new

Anyone suffering too much bandwidth loss from qnaps remote replication / rsync ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

arkid77

New Around Here
Hi all

Im using rsync (well via the remote replication feature of the web interface) of a qnap 109ii. This file copy kills 400kbps uplink speed to the point where I cant even surf the net and domain names dont even resolve.

Has anyone else experienced this and have any sollutions in terms of configuration or hardware?

BTW; im aware that if i were to manually create jobs i could specify the bwlimit parameter of rsync.

Nothing noticeable really here but DSL upload speeds are asynchronous here and limited to ~50kbps. I'm thinking QoS enabled switch for this problem. What I don't know (and really what you need) is whether port based QoS is possible. If your router supports QoS try just increasing your workstation port's traffic priority leaving the NAS port less priorized. We do this ourselves so our Voip box port always has WAN priority.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!