What's new

AP/printer network problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok, I did the ping while I had my laptop connected to the Asus RT-AC56U (C) and this is the screenshot:
Capture 10.JPG

But I still ge the print error:
Capture 11.JPG

Ok, now I will try to delete and reinstall the printer on my laptop. But the strange thing is that if I connect laptop and printer to router (D) instead of AP Asus RT-AC56U (C), then everything goes well.

Attachments

• Capture 11.JPG
    Capture 11.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
I have found the correct command...
OK That confirms what your previous screen shots showed.
Ok, I did the ping while I had my laptop connected to the Asus RT-AC56U (C) and this is the screenshot:
OK So that's working as you want it to.

So the networking is fine, you just need to fix the Epson software/configuration on the laptop.

As side note: I notice that your laptop's DNS server setup is a bit odd, 192.168.1.254, 62.101.93.101 and 83.103.25.250. IMHO it would be better to change that so it's just 192.168.1.254 - but that's a discussion for another day.

But I still ge the print error:
View attachment 10239
There is probably a fixed IP address configured for the port EP854965:ET-4550 SERIES.

You need to change that so that it has the new IP address 192.168.1.85 (in some circumstances you can use a name like EP854965 instead of an IP address but DNS has to be setup correctly on the laptop, router and printer for this to work).

Untitled.png

Last edited:
As side note: I notice that your laptop's DNS server setup is a bit odd, 192.168.1.254, 62.101.93.101 and 83.103.25.250. IMHO it would be better to change that so it's just 192.168.1.254 - but that's a discussion for another day.
I used Bear VPN so that maybe messed up the DNS. Can you please teach me how to correct my DNS? I would really appreciate it. In the mean time I am reinstalling the printer. It may take me half an hour... :(
As soon as I install the printer on the laptop I will go to the printer and I will try to fix also the IP

@colin,
Thank you.

I tried to fix the printer's IP but it was not possible:
Capture 12.JPG

But, luckily it was not necessary. I deleted the printer and added it again on my Laptop, and it now prints perfectly! I rfeally appreciated your time and simple instructions. Thank you.

If you feel like helping me to fix my DNS I will gladly do that too... :) but I do not want to abuse of your kindness!

Last edited:
That's good news. I'm glad you got it working. :)

Regarding DNS; I didn't realise that it was part of your VPN setup so I suggest that you leave it alone if it's working.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!