What's new

ARCTIC the liar Case fans.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

follower

Very Senior Member
ARCTIC P12 PWM PST and ARCTIC F12 PWM PST. These fans are not FDB but Rifle. That's why it's cheap. But ARCTIC is still saying it's FDB.:mad:
It's only $30 for 5 pack. Yes, so cheap. I don't understand nobody sues them at all. Why? I don't use P12 anymore because of horrible whistling and humming noise.

I have been using them for years now both the p12 & p14 pwm pst versions and never had an issue with them. Between the last couple of builds probably had 20 of them including sores from the 5 packs.

I was changing one from intake to exhaust ronce whole powered on and nicked one of the blades which cracked it around the hub and made noise after that. Emailed them and they had a replacement out to me within a week no questions asked.

They're a niche that work well when dealing with limited headers but plenty of mounts. When daisy chaining them I can squeeze 3/header without causing a power issue. They're dead silent under load and I never hear them. In my setup there's 7-10 of them in use for case and CPU cooler. They average 600-800 rpm and keep the systems at room temp easily.

I have been using them for years now both the p12 & p14 pwm pst versions and never had an issue with them. Between the last couple of builds probably had 20 of them including sores from the 5 packs.

I was changing one from intake to exhaust ronce whole powered on and nicked one of the blades which cracked it around the hub and made noise after that. Emailed them and they had a replacement out to me within a week no questions asked.

They're a niche that work well when dealing with limited headers but plenty of mounts. When daisy chaining them I can squeeze 3/header without causing a power issue. They're dead silent under load and I never hear them. In my setup there's 7-10 of them in use for case and CPU cooler. They average 600-800 rpm and keep the systems at room temp easily.
They make whistling and humming noise between 800 and 1000 rpm. o_O

I was not a fan of the P12 either, noisy as heck (I think pack of 5 for less than $30), had the 3 pin (DC not PWM) version Microcenter recommended saying it was much cheaper than the Noctua NF-A12s (Best case fans for me) which I had used before. Noctuas are expensive ($33 for black variant, I think the cream one is like 2$ cheaper) but were well worth the price for me, near silent at ~1200 RPM. Later got Corsair ML120 Elites for a build which are decent too if you really want RGB but has that low pitch maglev whine/hum at 600-1000 RPM.

Last edited:
There are different versions of the P12 / P14 models. Besides the 120mm variant of which there's.....

Pxx
Pxx PWM
Pxx PWM PST
Pxx PWM PST CO

and now apparently there's a "slim" version and there's also the F version of these as well. These also come in the 140mm size as well.

ARCTIC P12 PWM PST and ARCTIC F12 PWM PST. These fans are not FDB but Rifle. That's why it's cheap. But ARCTIC is still saying it's FDB.:mad:
It's only $30 for 5 pack. Yes, so cheap. I don't understand nobody sues them at all. Why? I don't use P12 anymore because of horrible whistling and humming noise.
Hey so ive seen people say this like 15 times, but they never meantion if the fans are vertical or horizontal. Asking because I never hear any noise in tests where they are vertical

I was not a fan of the P12 either, noisy as heck (I think pack of 5 for less than $30), had the 3 pin (DC not PWM) version Microcenter recommended saying it was much cheaper than the Noctua NF-A12s (Best case fans for me) which I had used before. Noctuas are expensive ($33 for black variant, I think the cream one is like 2$ cheaper) but were well worth the price for me, near silent at ~1200 RPM. Later got Corsair ML120 Elites for a build which are decent too if you really want RGB but has that low pitch maglev whine/hum at 600-1000 RPM.
Looks like the ones in the value packs are different then what comes on the coolers or something?

Hey so ive seen people say this like 15 times, but they never meantion if the fans are vertical or horizontal. Asking because I never hear any noise in tests where they are vertical
I don't understand what you are talking about.