What's new

asus 5300rt vs mikrotik rb4011 wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cenizas

New Around Here
Hello how are you?

I have these two routers in my possession and I don't know which one to get rid of.

I am a usual dota player and I find lag these days, I thought it was my new mikrotik but it is also experienced in asus (a little less)

I have adaptive qos configured in asus and queued tree in routerOS.

I want your opinions regarding which one I stay and which one I sell, and why!
I find RouterOS quite intuitive, my use is domestic.

Thank you

Fernando.

Hi Fernando, if you find RouterOS intuitive, then I'd definitely keep it and flip the Asus, as it's feature set is wayyyyy deeper. Or perhaps keep the Asus and run it as just an AP if you need the additional wifi coverage.

As far as lag on both platforms, you may need to troubleshoot your wired infrastructure, including your cabling, switching and/or ISP gateway and their upstream infrastructure with tools like PingPlotter.

If you narrow it down to an issue with your routing solution, such as bufferbloat on your gateway's WAN interface, you may need to move to a distro that offers more modern qdiscs than RouterOS and/or better low-level system integration that Asus can muster with fq_codel running atop Broadcom's closed-source binary blobs. I'd suggest OpenWRT on a Qualcomm SoC all-in-one or x86 hardware.