What's new

Asus 86u $115

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unless all the units manufactured in 2018 that seemed to be the most problematic have been purged from inventory IMHO it isn't worth purchasing a refurbished unit with a short warranty when for US$45 more you can get a new router with a full year warranty.

If you are willing to take a chance on a refurbished AC86 then at least Amazon offers them for US$138 with a ninety day guarantee.

Newegg gives a 90 day warranty too. The return period for refund/exchange is 1/31 for any reason. I understand the issues with 2018 units.

Mine arrived with 2.4g dead and the unit was dirty and hadn't been reset...I wonder if they did anything to "refurbish" it at all? H/W version 1.5 but date of manufacture was covered with refurb sticker. Returned for refund.

Mine arrived with 2.4g dead and the unit was dirty and hadn't been reset...I wonder if they did anything to "refurbish" it at all? H/W version 1.5 but date of manufacture was covered with refurb sticker. Returned for refund.
@Gar, i'm selling a RT-AC86U (manufacture date 2019) without any issues for $110, if you're interested let me know. Reason for selling is I'm thinking of getting the google mesh system.

These can be had very cheap on eBay I recently noticed, cheap enough to chance the questionable reliability of some units IMO. I just bought one for $84.50 delivered from a 5-star seller...hopefully it will turn out well for me. Worth it as a 1900 replacement for better VPN performance and I'll probably get $50 for the 1900 since I don't need mesh.

Newegg $160. Coupon code on page.