What's new

ASUS AC-5300 & IPSec VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pegasus9

Regular Contributor
Set up the VPN, but can not connect from outside my network. It does not even leave a log entry of the attempt.

I can connect while on the local network and it leaves entries in the log file, so user name, password and key are all good.

ASUS RT-AC5300 , tunning Merin 384.15

Verify the the IP address you see at https://canyouseeme.org/ is the same as the one shown on the router's Network Map page as "WAN IP".

Thanks or the fast response. I was able to log in with the raw ip vs the name the AC5300 used. But I can not access my LAN devices. I have allowed NAT sharing via IPSEC in the WAN settings, but I must be missing a toggle to allow the VPN client to bridge into the local LAN.

I've not use IPSec on an Asus router, but looking at the Advanced Settings page it appears that your VPN client will get an address of 10.10.10.x. So typically LAN clients (like Windows PCs) will block this traffic in their firewall.

I've not use IPSec on an Asus router, but looking at the Advanced Settings page it appears that your VPN client will get an address of 10.10.10.x. So typically LAN clients (like Windows PCs) will block this traffic in their firewall.

Right because it is a different subnet. I need to bridge from the 10.10.10. x to my local LAN. This was a setting in the prior model from ASUS, but I can't find it in this one.