What's new

ASUS Ac66U b1 Aimesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davelian

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
Recently I used Ac66u b1 for Aimesh but horrible connection. Can’t even used internet properly. Still connected to internet but cannot used internet connection dropped 2,3 minutes then can connected again. (Even I am connected to my WiFi).
It’s happened like every 30min / 1 hours. Very annoying.

Do you guys have experience like this in ASUS Aimesh ?
Main router is AC86U.

Hi,
Recently I used Ac66u b1 for Aimesh but horrible connection. Can’t even used internet properly. Still connected to internet but cannot used internet connection dropped 2,3 minutes then can connected again. (Even I am connected to my WiFi).
It’s happened like every 30min / 1 hours. Very annoying.

Do you guys have experience like this in ASUS Aimesh ?
Main router is AC86U.
Hi,
AC66U is connected to AC86U by internet wire or got WiFi by air?

AC66U_B1 is a very stable router with the same hardware as the AC68U. Connection success depends on several factors. One important one is to use fixed 2.4 and 5 GHz channels and bandwidth. For 2.4 GHz use channel 1, 6 or 11 at 20 MHz. For 5 GHz use channel 36 or 149 at 80 MHz. Under professional settings disable Airtime Fairness and Universal Beamforming for both bands. Also might be good to use different SSID's for each band with the AC86U router and AC66U_B1 node. Once connected, in LAN/DHCP Server/Manually Assigned IP... give the node a "fixed" IP address.

Hi,

That's very weird because I have a similar issue with my RT-AC66U B1 too. I hope I'm not hicking your trade but I thought that we could both have the same issue with 66U B1.

Main router : RT-AC68U (latest asuswrt merlin installed)
Node : RT-AC66U B1 (latest asuswrt merlin installed)
Ethernet backhault

A lot of problems between them too. I sometimes have Internet on the node but mostly it does not work. I even reset them both and I still have issues...

Plus I think its loosing its marble if I try to connect to 192.168.1.1 from a device connected to the node.

EDIT : I solved it by disabling the Guest network sync between main and node
Solved - Aimesh high packet loss | SmallNetBuilder Forums (snbforums.com)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!