What's new

Asus AC68U CPU Overload

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Woody1

Occasional Visitor
A week or so ago, I noticed that my web access seemed slow. I logged into the web interface on my Asus AC68U and saw that CPU 1 was pegged at 100%. I connected with ssh and tried to run top, but the device didn't couldn't run top or any other useful commands. I rebooted and disconnected the USB drive and got it back to normal CPU usage.

First thing this morning, I noticed that my LAN devices were not getting to the internet at all. I was not able to get to web interface on the router. I could log in with ssh, but top wouldn't run. So now, I want to figure out what process is chewing up the CPU, but I can't figure out a way to monitor it. Does anybody have any ideas how I can go about troubleshooting?

A week or so ago, I noticed that my web access seemed slow. I logged into the web interface on my Asus AC68U and saw that CPU 1 was pegged at 100%. I connected with ssh and tried to run top, but the device didn't couldn't run top or any other useful commands. I rebooted and disconnected the USB drive and got it back to normal CPU usage.

First thing this morning, I noticed that my LAN devices were not getting to the internet at all. I was not able to get to web interface on the router. I could log in with ssh, but top wouldn't run. So now, I want to figure out what process is chewing up the CPU, but I can't figure out a way to monitor it. Does anybody have any ideas how I can go about troubleshooting?
What Merlin version are you using? if not 384.11_2 I recommend you upgrade.

I have also found with the AC68U's I manage the used RAM creeps up after a while. A swap file may help but I resorted to a weekly scheduled reboot.

Yes, I am already on 364.11_2 and I do have a swap file. I'm wondering if it could be a disk problem. I'm using a USB disk drive. Also I run Skynet, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that that's causing a problem.

Based on what I've read about USB issues, I would say it is definitely worth running without the USB stick / drive and see how it goes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!