What's new

asus ac68u dns problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

viensdans

New Around Here
ı have asus ac68u router with Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_45717 . it has default settings
when I connect it with cable . it is not work internet and when i look dns server on windows . it takes fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1 .
when i try with wireles . internet work and windows shows dns server as 192.168.1.1
how can i solve the problem
i have ubuntu too. it has no wireless adapter and it is not work internet with cable.
when i reset router i begin work and after a short time it forget dns and it is not work

Last edited:
ı have asus ac68u router with Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.384_45717 . it has default settings
when I connect it with cable . it is not work internet and when i look dns server on windows . it takes fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1 .
when i try with wireles . internet work and windows shows dns server as 192.168.1.1
how can i solve the problem
i have ubuntu too. it has no wireless adapter and it is not work internet with cable.
when i reset router i begin work and after a short time it forget dns and it is not work
Check in Windows that the Ethernet adapter has IPv4 enabled in the Properties. Sounds like maybe it’s only enabled for IPv6. Post a screenshot of the adapter settings if you think it looks OK.

Edit:
I reread the Ubuntu comment, so maybe my advice is not useful.

Check in Windows that the Ethernet adapter has IPv4 enabled in the Properties. Sounds like maybe it’s only enabled for IPv6. Post a screenshot of the adapter settings if you think it looks OK.

Edit:
I reread the Ubuntu comment, so maybe my advice is not useful.
I checked well now . DHCP was not enable on windows and ubuntu. I make DHCP enable it took DNS and work internet. Thanks