What's new

ASUS AC68U or AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ebr4him

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I purchased AX86U at a very good price but I'm having second thoughts about keeping it. The only reason I bought it was because it could run WireGuard but it looks like even my old AC68U can run it? But then I read somewhere only "HND" and "AX" models support Wireguard so not really sure whats the official word on it.

- Can or will AC68U be able to run WireGuard natively or is it just for "AX" models?
- Can or will AX86U be able to run WireGuard natively or is there a better more suited router to go for?

Thanks

- Can or will AC68U be able to run WireGuard natively or is it just for "AX" models?

No. HND and AX models only. The only HND AC model is AC86U and WireGuard in Asuswrt may not come to it.

- Can or will AX86U be able to run WireGuard natively or is there a better more suited router to go for?

Yes. Not available yet in stock Asuswrt though, in beta firmware only. Available in Asuswrt-Merlin via custom script.

No. HND and AX models only. The only HND AC model is AC86U and WireGuard in Asuswrt may not come to it.

Yes. Not available yet in stock Asuswrt though, in beta firmware only. Available in Asuswrt-Merlin via custom script.
I checked beta it excludes AX86U specifically :/