What's new

Asus AC87U LAN devices blocked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsu

New Around Here
I have 8 devices connected to a switch which in turn connects to one LAN port of the AC87U (firmware version 384.13_10). Suddenly I can't ping and access anynomre the webservers of some of them (6 among 8) nor those devices can connect to the Internet.
On the "network map"- "client staus" they appear as being connected.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause ?

For example,
2022-05-21_024107.jpg

On the "network map"- "client staus" they appear as being connected.

Don't trust network map in Asuswrt. Wired devices hang there forever. Check your switch, router's LAN port, cables.

Don't trust network map in Asuswrt. Wired devices hang there forever. Check your switch, router's LAN port, cables.
But as you can see above, pinging the same address works from the router but not from a computer.

But as you can see above, pinging the same address works from the router but not from a computer.
Even though the ping from the router "works" it doesn't look right. Unless the device is connected by WiFi you ought to be seeing ping times of less <2 ms, not >50 ms.

You could have a faulty cable or a some sort of network storm. I suggest you unplug the switch from the router. Then connect a single Ethernet device directly to the AC87U and check the ping times. If that's OK the reconnect the switch - with only one device plugged into it - and check the ping times to this device.

Last edited:
Even though the ping from the router "works" it doesn't look right. Unless the device is connected by WiFi you ought to be seeing ping times of less <2 ms, not >50 ms.

You could have a faulty cable or a some sort of network storm. I suggest you unplug the switch from the router. Then connect a single Ethernet device directly to the AC87U and check the ping times. If that's OK the reconnect the switch - with only one device plugged into it - and check the ping times to this device.
The ping is solved; maybe it was because I was accessing that router via a VPN server ? ...but it doesn't make sense as the ping was local.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!