What's new

Asus AC88-U dropping connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

southmad

New Around Here
Wanted to share some strange behaviour with my router. Some devices suddently are not able to access the WAN and only can be fixed by apliying some change in the router configuration. Once i do this all the devices sync up for no more than 1 or 2 hours when the same devices drop connection again.
Currently on firmware 386.1_2. Thanks.

do a wps reset or factory restore and configure again manually

Maybe AC88 has many hardware limitation (size of RAM, cpu speed etc..), you may have too many devices connected with openvpn routes etc...You can try to limit the number of options and devices first. check the temperature too, i used to have one and the cpu was at nealry 80 degrees..hope that it will help

Average of 50sh devices but using 2 Aimesh Nodes (AC68U and AC66U b1 - All with the same Merlin Firmware)
RAM below 40% most of the time.
CPU Temperature 80C (Is this bad??)
3 Open VPN Clients On, but only 1 with routes (10 rules) and the other 2 linked to 2 separate Guest Networks without devices connected most of the time
1 Open VPN Server (average of 3 clients maximum)
5 Guest Networks (3 on 2.4ghz and 2 in 5ghz)

Do yo think Im pushing the AC88U to much to the limit?

Thanks for the advice.

it's near the limits maybe. Try to close openvpn server and 2 clients, then check. 80° is hot but normal for this model. You can always tro to clean it with a vacuum. If it is not that..i do not know :-( good luck