What's new

Asus Aimesh and printer problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zippaks

New Around Here
Hello guys. I am little desperate... I am using Aimesh 2x AC 86U, both firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_40451-g30f1b6c. I have 2 printers, both wired connected to the routers(with static ips). Also i have 2,4ghz and 5ghz networks. Sometimes It shows that one or two of the printers are offline but not for everyone in the office. Sometimes I can print and my colleges can't... It's random. Changing the networks won't solve the problems, rebooting the printer won't solve the problem, I can come back 2 hours later and it works. We are using both linux and windows and problems are the same. When I setup the network with access points not AIMesh there aren't any problems. I think there is some sort of setting that stalls the connection between the printer and client but the strange thing is that doesn't happen always and it's not for everybody.
1643794684779.png
1643794728123.png

The static addresses of the printers are outside of the DHCP pool of addresses assigned by the router?

Thanks for the answer, the static IP is inside the DHCP pool.

Router-assigned dynamic and manually-assigned IPs should be inside the router DHCP server IP pool. Client-side static IPs you assign at the client/printer should be outside the pool.

Such network printer issues are not uncommon... I have wondered if these steps would help... a last resort:

o assign static IP to printer
o reset w/initialization router to clear logged data
o boot router and printer
o then install printer driver on clients

OE

Thanks for the answer, the static IP is inside the DHCP pool.
Ah, as OE said you need to have the static IP addresses outside of the DHCP pool. Otherwise the DHCP server could assign that address to another client.
I have my LAN/DHCP Server/IP Pool Starting Address set to 192.168.50.11 which gives me 10 addresses I can assign at the client. I use these for NAS, NVR and IP cams as well as a Pi3 I have set to process some data with BOINC. I could assign a static IP address to my printer in this range but out of habit I use the manual assignment of the router to give the printer a constant IP address.
I used to manage a small business office with Asus routers and sst the IP Pool Starting Address at 192.168.1.50 and the IP Pool Ending Address at 192.168.1.199 which gave me plenty of addresses for printers and servers at the lower range and IP cams at the upper range with sufficient addresses for staff and the PC's they refurbished.

Router-assigned dynamic and manually-assigned IPs should be inside the router DHCP server IP pool. Client-side static IPs you assign at the client/printer should be outside the pool.

Such network printer issues are not uncommon... I have wondered if these steps would help... a last resort:

o assign static IP to printer
o reset w/initialization router to clear logged data
o boot router and printer
o then install printer driver on clients

OE
That definitely snapped out of my head. I will free some IPs out of my DHCP pool and try to assign the printers. Thanks for your time.
Ah, as OE said you need to have the static IP addresses outside of the DHCP pool. Otherwise the DHCP server could assign that address to another client.
I have my LAN/DHCP Server/IP Pool Starting Address set to 192.168.50.11 which gives me 10 addresses I can assign at the client. I use these for NAS, NVR and IP cams as well as a Pi3 I have set to process some data with BOINC. I could assign a static IP address to my printer in this range but out of habit I use the manual assignment of the router to give the printer a constant IP address.
I used to manage a small business office with Asus routers and sst the IP Pool Starting Address at 192.168.1.50 and the IP Pool Ending Address at 192.168.1.199 which gave me plenty of addresses for printers and servers at the lower range and IP cams at the upper range with sufficient addresses for staff and the PC's they refurbished.
Thanks for you answer mate. For sure that's the right way. If that doesn't help I think I will call exorcists...