What's new

Asus Air Protection Indicates the Password has not been changed in error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Q05039

Occasional Visitor
The trend Micro Air Protection on my Asus RT-AC68U reports that my router password has not been changed from default. Does anyone else have this issue or know the cause of the problem?

Have you rebooted the router?

The trend Micro Air Protection on my Asus RT-AC68U reports that my router password has not been changed from default. Does anyone else have this issue or know the cause of the problem?
You have to change both the default username and password, or it will report it on the AI Protection page.

Well the last suggestion resolved the issue, Thanks to dsring for the solution!!!! I changed the password but not the login name. When I changed the login name it recognized it was changed and now all is well!

Well the last suggestion resolved the issue, Thanks to dsring for the solution!!!! I changed the password but not the login name. When I changed the login name it recognized it was changed and now all is well!

AiProtection on my AC86U requires both login name and password to be change for a positive security assessment.

1627044295699.png

OE