What's new

ASUS AX-11000, GT-RT5300 and NAS Link aggregation.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shiang

Occasional Visitor
Hi good day. I need to seek some advice in the following scenario.

My current main router AX11000 which connected to ISP ONT. I place another GT-AC5300 inside my room as AI mesh node connected to main router via wired connection. Recently I bought a Synology DS220+ that come with two NIC interface. I connect it to the GT-AC5300 router port 5 and 6 to make use of the Synology IEEE 802.3ad LACP. But I thinking since I was not able to access the GT-AC5300 mesh node GUI, so what are the thing I need to do or will GT AC5300 smart enough to auto the process. The Synology recognized it as Link bonding for the two NIC after initial setup, but I need assure the RT-AC5300 recognized it work well on the node end. Any advice welcome.

Thank you.

Hi good day. I need to seek some advice in the following scenario.

My current main router AX11000 which connected to ISP ONT. I place another GT-AC5300 inside my room as AI mesh node connected to main router via wired connection. Recently I bought a Synology DS220+ that come with two NIC interface. I connect it to the GT-AC5300 router port 5 and 6 to make use of the Synology IEEE 802.3ad LACP. But I thinking since I was not able to access the GT-AC5300 mesh node GUI, so what are the thing I need to do or will GT AC5300 smart enough to auto the process. The Synology recognized it as Link bonding for the two NIC after initial setup, but I need assure the RT-AC5300 recognized it work well on the node end. Any advice welcome.

Thank you.
Buy a usb 2,5gbit adapter, install the drivers for your synology and put your NAS on the 2,5gbit port of your AX11000.

Buy a usb 2,5gbit adapter, install the drivers for your synology and put your NAS on the 2,5gbit port of your AX11000.
Thank you, but this is not really the case as I already used to AX11000 2.5GHz for another gaming device. And my Synology NAS are sitting right beside the GT5300 inside the study room and the AX11000 router sitting in the main hall.

Can’t you put your NAS in LACP on your AX11000?
Bro, thank you for your reply. My AX11000 link aggregation port already being used up for another NAS system for my family. That the reason I have to used the LAG with my mesh node GT5300. I would like to maximize my current set up before thinking to buy managed switch.

Personally, I'd read more previous posts here and elsewhere to see if you would actually see and benefit from link aggregation based on your expected usage scenario. For one thing iirc, the ds220 isn't all that powerful so may not offer you any advantage. I know I looked into lag for my QNAP TS-563 (50TB) in particular and didn't feel I'd see any advantage, but multihoming was much more suited to my use case scenario. Aggregation certainly would overrun my TS-231P.

Personally, I'd read more previous posts here and elsewhere to see if you would actually see and benefit from link aggregation based on your expected usage scenario. For one thing iirc, the ds220 isn't all that powerful so may not offer you any advantage. I know I looked into lag for my QNAP TS-563 (50TB) in particular and didn't feel I'd see any advantage, but multihoming was much more suited to my use case scenario. Aggregation certainly would overrun my TS-231P.
Thank you for your references.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!