What's new

Asus AX initial router setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jontalk

I received an RT-AX68U recently and for unknown reasons, the WAN port failed. Since it was still under warranty, I contacted support who took me through troubleshooting and decided to create an RMA. Once it was tested they shipped with a refurbished unit which arrived today. In order to get a connection, I had to flush the modem cache several times and when it finally launched the setup, I created the login/password and SSID's, then went into settings to make changes. When I changed the 2.4 channel and clicked apply, the wheel kept spinning and timed out.

I've owned several Asus AC routers but never had this experience. Reading the manual PDF it says nothing about any default setting requirements during set up. Can anyone explain why this happens? Support said that once its setup using defaults, I can log back in and change them. Problem is I couldn't get it to connect to the internet after numerous resetting procedure. It's on its way back to repair.

In case you're thinking its a modem problem, I plugged in my AC68P and connected instantly.

Thanks

I'm not sure whether this was a case of "router's web GUI misbehaves", but it sounds like it might have been. A common fix for that sort of issue is to clear your web browser's caches, in case the browser has cached an image or other page asset that doesn't match what the router thinks it is.

This is particularly an issue when you change router firmware versions, as I was rudely reminded just a day or two ago ...

I'm not sure whether this was a case of "router's web GUI misbehaves", but it sounds like it might have been. A common fix for that sort of issue is to clear your web browser's caches, in case the browser has cached an image or other page asset that doesn't match what the router thinks it is.

This is particularly an issue when you change router firmware versions, as I was rudely reminded just a day or two ago ...
Thanks..I hadn't thought of that, though my primary question had to do with the reason the GUI froze when changing settings in the setup. I'd never encountered this with any of the Asus AC routers and was stumped when support said its the only way it can work

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!