What's new

Asus AX86u 2.5g wan port showing not connected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

3s1k

Regular Contributor
Edit: I changed the view from image to list and it explains better what I was seeing. It's saying 2.5g is unplugged but it seems it as 2.5g LAN port. In list view it shows the Primary WAN as 2.5g. It is a little misleading as it looked like I wasn't using the 2.5g port.

My AX86u is setup so the 2.5g port is used for the Primary WAN. In the web portal it's showing the 2.5g port as disconnected and the regular WAN port as connected.

Any ideas? I'm in the latest firmware which I upgraded today (screenshot). The issue was also present in the last patch. I only have 2 devices connected to the router. My AppleTV, my alarm system hub and my Modem plugged into the 2.5g port. The Alarm system is the one in yellow throwing a warning. I think because it only has a 10/100 nic.

I have internet and have been using the 2.5g port for quiet some time. I never noticed in the web portal that it was saying unplugged. I only noticed it today because I'm on a 2gig internet connection but my ISP didn't have any cable modem in stock that supported those speed. I finally got the new modem.

The highest speeds I seen on the 1gig connection was 600-920mbps down using the built in speed test on the router. With the new modem its more consistently in the 900 range and had a few tests in the 1200mbps range.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221201-221750_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201-221750_Chrome.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_20221201_221926.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201_221926.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20221202_012425.jpg
    Screenshot_20221202_012425.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20221202_012648.jpg
    Screenshot_20221202_012648.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
"My AX86u is setup so the 2.5g port is used for the Primary LAN. In the web portal it's showing the 2.5g port as disconnected and the regular LAN port as connected."..My AX86u is setup so the 2.5g port is used for the Primary LAN. In the web portal it's showing the 2.5g port as disconnected and the regular LAN port as connected.."

I think you have typo in your problem statement.. you're using the 2.5 port as the WAN and the GUI cant seem to show it well?

From your speed tests it sounds like you're breaking the 1Gbit barrier and your internet is working.. Maybe try a different high quality Cat6 cable between the modem and router? But it sounds like a bug firmware or a weird conceptual point of view from the writers?

Any ideas?

Firmware bug in latest and previous 388 release.

"My AX86u is setup so the 2.5g port is used for the Primary LAN. In the web portal it's showing the 2.5g port as disconnected and the regular LAN port as connected."..My AX86u is setup so the 2.5g port is used for the Primary LAN. In the web portal it's showing the 2.5g port as disconnected and the regular LAN port as connected.."

I think you have typo in your problem statement.. you're using the 2.5 port as the WAN and the GUI cant seem to show it well?

From your speed tests it sounds like you're breaking the 1Gbit barrier and your internet is working.. Maybe try a different high quality Cat6 cable between the modem and router? But it sounds like a bug firmware or a weird conceptual point of view from the writers?

Ahhh yes there was a typo. Thank you. I'm using a Cat6E cable I bought just for this.

I am breaking the 1gig which leads me to believe it is working as I wasn't able to break that barrier before.

The photos make more sense as the webgui sees the 2.5g port as separate ports. Its either a lan or wan.

It looks like I was just confused and I couldn't put a support ticket in because my warranty just expired last month lol.

I appreciate the sanity check.

Firmware bug in latest and previous 388 release.

Thank you for this. This was exactly it. Much appreciated. It's been awhile since I been on the forums, I really should keep up with that update thread lol.

Thanks again

Can someone post a link to a reliable USB to ethernet adapter? I have the RT-AX86U and I just upgraded to FiOS 2G, but can push 2G to my Orbi because I need an adapter. Thank you.

I want to connect my Orbi and switch to take advantage of the speed boost.

I want to connect my Orbi and switch to take advantage of the speed boost.

What does your issue have to do with this thread?

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!