What's new

ASUS AX86U red dot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Picked it up to clean under it and held down the WPS button conveniently located on the side? It's been known.

Is this even possible? Holding down the WPS button during boot does a hard reset.

Something for me to try when the router is up and running, I guess. Be right back... :)

Last edited:
Be right back... :)

Nope. First, the button is hard to press (on my router at least). Second, nothing happens (was holding it 2x 20sec).

This is not the cause of the reset. I've seen Asus router reset itself, but it was a different model (RT-AC86U) and tortured more than usual.

I’ve seen this happen once in a power surge. The setup wizard launched and entering the ssid and password, then changing admin from default goes into gui normal. After that all your old information is still retained in the gui. It’s just the wizard that launches for some reason.

The question now is, will it survive a reboot?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!