What's new

Asus Country Code

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Noki388

New Around Here
I am posting from Australia. Previously I had an RT-AC68U and did not notice this problem. Since changing to a Zenwifi XD4, I noticed that when I click on the wifi button on my MacBook, the dropdown menu shows that the country code is US. This is despite all settings I can find being Australia including the Timezone, and for each of the 2.4 and 5 Wifi channels. Not sure if this the reason but the 2.4 Wifi channels stops at 11 which I understand is the US limit (rather than 13 which is the Australian limit.

As I didn't notice this with the RT-AC68U, I wonder if this is an issue with Zenwifi devices or mine. I purchased mine from Officeworks (bit like the US Newegg) and it was shrinkwrapped so presume it is authentic. I noticed that both my XD4 had the 1 wan and 1 lan and so iI can't differentiate which is the router and which is the node. My reading was that only the router had both wan and lan ports whereas the node should have only 1 lan port.

I am posting from Australia. Previously I had an RT-AC68U and did not notice this problem. Since changing to a Zenwifi XD4, I noticed that when I click on the wifi button on my MacBook, the dropdown menu shows that the country code is US. This is despite all settings I can find being Australia including the Timezone, and for each of the 2.4 and 5 Wifi channels. Not sure if this the reason but the 2.4 Wifi channels stops at 11 which I understand is the US limit (rather than 13 which is the Australian limit.

As I didn't notice this with the RT-AC68U, I wonder if this is an issue with Zenwifi devices or mine. I purchased mine from Officeworks (bit like the US Newegg) and it was shrinkwrapped so presume it is authentic.
The territory code is baked into the router for the region it is intended for sale. It sounds like Officeworks is reselling products manufactured for the US market. Check the wireless settings under Wireless - Professional. If you don't see an option to change the region (some Chinese routers had this) then I suggest you return it for a refund as it should not have been sold in your country.

I noticed that both my XD4 had the 1 wan and 1 lan and so iI can't differentiate which is the router and which is the node. My reading was that only the router had both wan and lan ports whereas the node should have only 1 lan port.
Both units are physically the same. When one is configured as a node its "WAN" port is reassigned as a second LAN port.

Thanks. In the wireless options, Australia is selected for both 2.4 and 5 wireless bands.
So it sounds like you've got one of the Chinese "world" models. This seems to be common for Australian owners given the comments from other forum posts. Maybe Asus doesn't make a model specifically for Australia. In any case I'd just ignore whatever territory is shown on the MacBook. More annoying would be the lack of legitimate channels though. To fix that you'd have to complain to Asus.

Just an update. It seems that I can change the country code on the router itself. However in AiMesh mode, there is no way to change the country code on the node. I have tried to directly access the node using the "nvram set re_mode=0" command. However wifi country code is not available unless I change the node to access node, rather than AiMesh.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!