What's new

Asus DDNS not working with ez-ipupdate anymore? Asking for Password? (AC68U-384.6)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rkk2025

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I have my Asus router behind another router, therefore my Asus router doesn't see the external IP and DDNS doesn't works properly. So I was using a custom ddns-start script where I retrieve my external IP and then I run ez-ipupdate -h $asus_url.asuscomm.com -s ns1.asuscomm.com -S dyndns -i eth0 -A $ where $asus_url is my desired domain.

But this has stopped working recently (Or at least I have noticed it now). It seems to be asking for a username and a password. I tried with my router username and password (Probably a dumb choice) but still nothing. It usually didn't ask for a password. Did anything change in ez-ipupdate or is there annother command now to use the DDNS from Asus from within a ddns-start script?

I'm running the latest AsusWRT-Merlin 384.6 firmware on my RT-AC68U.

Anybody knows what is going on?

But this has stopped working recently (Or at least I have noticed it now). It seems to be asking for a username and a password. I tried with my router username and password (Probably a dumb choice) but still nothing. It usually didn't ask for a password. Did anything change in ez-ipupdate or is there annother command now to use the DDNS from Asus from within a ddns-start script?

You might have unregistered your DDNS service (for instance if you rejected the Asus EULA licence). Using -A 2 will force it to re-register again if I remember correctly. After that, regular updates should still work.