What's new

Asus ddns

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does anyone else see asuscomm ddns as down?
Noticed it starting to go offline yesterday for me.

Had gone in and toggled DDNS Service off and back on to find it showing DDNS Status as Inactive. http://iplookup.asus.com/nslookup.php was working but returned an old DNS address associated with my Host name. Still can't access myname.asuscomm.com online, but today the router's GUI showed my DDNS Status as Active. Connecting directly in a browser via my ISP's currently assigned IP address works fine.

If it's of any interest, issitedownrightnow.com shows the status as:

1647198482370.png

im back up. turns out it was a local issue on my router, I bet caused by the time change. I had to register with another domain name, and then I was able to go back to my original domain name. Must have cleared some bad code out.

Good to know.

So just to confirm, no problem "reclaiming" your original domain name when switching back? I suppose there is a slight risk someone else swoops in during the name changes and grabs the old host name before you have the chance to switch it back, but that's a bit of a paranoid stretch I suppose :)

Thank you very much... just did the same temporary host name switch and all is back to normal again! Now all I have to do is remember this trick the next time it happens :eek:

im back up. turns out it was a local issue on my router, I bet caused by the time change. I had to register with another domain name, and then I was able to go back to my original domain name. Must have cleared some bad code out.

Thanks for the posts, sorted my issue this way too!

ASUS DDNS turns itself-off with no warning making the router inaccessible. This is happening all the time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!