What's new

ASUS EA-AC87 AC2400 AP Bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Someone asked this on the website you linked : Worthwhile replacing the RT-AC87 that is operating as a media bridge with the EA-AC87?

maylyn's answer : It's worthwhile to get this
biggrin.gif

What's your highest 2xAC87 WiFi speed @? 700+?

So the media bridge actually give better link speed?

At the end it got to us

Since yesterday I am owner of media bridge of asus.
The device has generous dimensions, it is a half cube, the size of a traditional router. Combined with RT-AC87U speed and coverage are high, the reception is excellent in houses of 2-3 floors. Few options adjustable, I detected a problem with the current firmware: there is no support for DFS channels.

Last edited:
So why is it better to have an RT-AC87U with EA-AC87 rather than 2 RT-AC87U? Why is the EA faster? Isnt it the same chip?

Hmmm... I wonder if Asus and Quantenna would have been better served by releasing the EA-AC87 first - rather than trying to integrate the basic Quantenna design into what is essentially an RT-AC68U without the 5GHz radios.

One of the features of the EA-87U is that not-only is it a media bridge, but it can also be a standalone AP.

Most of the challenges, following all the various threads here - the RT-AC87U tries to be too much, and the integration issues of trying to basically merge an Quantenna AP into a Broadcom based Router/AP with a common board support package - this is what has caused many of the problems on the RT-AC87U.

I don't think anyone can argue that in 2.4GHz, the RT-C87U is as good as the RT-AC68U - most of the issues are on the 5GHz side.

hello from Germany

I have Pay the EA-AC87 and i Test it now

Hi
The first release of the firmware is too buggy: WPS not work properly and DFS channels is not enabled.I have 1170 Mb conect

hi its me again

just got the ea-ac87 for testing and like the above poster when connected in media bridge mode to a rt-ac87u i also can only get 1170 sync rate with the two device some feet away from each other

the wps did work for me well

seems a bit like most things asus release these days its a work in progress but even though i cant get it to work at the full 1733 sync rate it still performs well , so atm i wont do throughput testing as it wont reflect well on its ability and have reported to asus on this issue and await a response

pete

btw 1170M sync indicates the ea-ac87 is not achieving the ac msc index of 9 and instead it is 6

see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11ac

i will have to check what rate a rt-ac87u achieves

Last edited:
Bigmag and pete y testing can you please post updates on your experiences so far ? Thanx

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

so what is truth.... Is canceled or not ? Asus@SG says that not.

Here in Germany there are about 80 online shops where you can buy it

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!