What's new

Asus ET12 problems!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AmphybiouS

New Around Here
Hi guys, I bought a set of 2 Asus ET12 but I'm having a lot of problems in configuring WiFi. Installed from about 5 days updated to latest firmware.
Almost all devices connect only to the main node. And the wifi frequency is almost exclusively at 2.4GHz. The change of nodes does not occur correctly on the nearest one that has better signal. I tried playing with Smart Connect and Roaming Assistant settings, with no results.
Please can you help me setting the best WiFi?
I have main node at ground floor and the other node at the first floor. The house is about 110 square meters.

Thank you so much!

Try default settings most everywhere and give some time running that way before concluding anything. Several hours, minimum.

Try default settings most everywhere and give some time running that way before concluding anything. Several hours, minimum.
I'll go with factory restore... I'll install the main node first, set everything, then I'll plug the second unit (the node)...
If not working correctly I'll pack everything and go back with Fritzbox 7590... :(

I'll go with factory restore... I'll install the main node first, set everything, then I'll plug the second unit (the node)...
If not working correctly I'll pack everything and go back with Fritzbox 7590... :(
When setting up the WIFI just do the SSID and passphrase. SSID with alpha numeric characters and no spaces. Same for the passphrase but more than eight characters. Use auto WIFI channel for both 2.4 and 5 GHz. Use DFS if you want. Do not try to force 160 MHz!
Depending upon your WIFI environment and the presence of RADAR the router and mesh node may only be able to settle into 20 MHz on the 2.4 GHZ band and 80 MHz on the 5 GHz band.

I have main node at ground floor and the other node at the first floor. The house is about 110 square meters.

Are these APs stacked one-above-the-other or significantly staggered apart?

OE

One at the ground floor and the other at first floor.. exactly in the room above the first one....... :(

So, two APs about 10 feet or so apart. Try turning one OFF and see if things improve... too much radio is not a good thing.

OE

So, two APs about 10 feet or so apart. Try turning one OFF and see if things improve... too much radio is not a good thing.

OE
I find it unacceptable that a router that I thought was super could have these problems. With the Fritzbox 7590 and the Repeater 3000 everything worked great. :(

I find it unacceptable that a router that I thought was super could have these problems. With the Fritzbox 7590 and the Repeater 3000 everything worked great. :(

Why did you change it then?

This is not an ASUS forum and we are not ASUS employees so please stop complaining here... we volunteer here to help, if possible.

OE

Why did you change it then?

This is not an ASUS forum and we are not ASUS employees so please stop complaining here... we volunteer here to help, if possible.

OE
I was just making a personal consideration. I'm a little whipped that it doesn't work well. I changed because I was looking for a product with wifi 6e ... Thanks for the help and sorry.

When setting up the WIFI just do the SSID and passphrase. SSID with alpha numeric characters and no spaces. Same for the passphrase but more than eight characters. Use auto WIFI channel for both 2.4 and 5 GHz. Use DFS if you want. Do not try to force 160 MHz!
Depending upon your WIFI environment and the presence of RADAR the router and mesh node may only be able to settle into 20 MHz on the 2.4 GHZ band and 80 MHz on the 5 GHz band.

Hi guys. It seems more stable after few days... The correct node and frequency arrives with hours of uptime. But it's ok.
I have this settings, please, can you advice me if there's a way to improve the WiFi?
For 5 GHz I set channel 40, because my TV accepts only channel above 40 for this frequency. For 2,4 GHz set 40 MHz bandwidth. I disabled universal beam forming and smart connect like most of you said.

General WiFi settings.
1000011138.png

5 GHz and 6 GHz are similar.
1000011141.png

2,4 GHz.
1000011142.png

Thank you so much!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!