What's new

ASUS given up on ZenWifi XT12 Pro?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

poor_poor

Regular Contributor
The last official firmware was 21st November 2022.. Almost over 1 year, no firmware update at all..

Did asus given up their flagship mesh router?

Firmware
ASUS ZenWiFi Pro XT12 Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.4856
SUPPORTTABS_VERSION 9.0.0.6.102.4856
SUPPORTTABS_BETA
49.55 MB
2023/03/21
Be noted: This is an early stage beta, there might be bugs. This version can be downgraded via web GUI only.

1. Recap new features of 3.0.0.6.102: Guest network Pro(SDN), VLAN, Auto USB WAN backup, iPhone tethering, Multi-services WAN.
2. Re-defined VLAN, supports Trunk, Access mode with VLAN-only-network.
3. Synchronize Guest network pro (SDN) with VLAN, create/delete new VLAN-only-network will create/delete a new profile in Guest network as well.
4. Port isolation and AP isolation to restrict device access to each other.
5. Re-defined multi-service WAN, disable it by default.
6. Add surfshark VPN in VPN fusion.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 67edce1962927cbbc18deee86477b725

Seems like a work in progress.

I am v happy with my 4xXT12s, esp since the latest Merlin's firmware, but there is no way around it - Asus's support has been shocking, I don't remember it being that bad for any of the routers I've owned over the last 14 years.

At lease the xt12's has merlin support. What about the people who own the ET12's. It's the worst. Never saw a router that's been in beta so long. I'm really thinking about replacing my ET12. should have bought the XT12.

they took money from customers and don't care about us. In a few months they will release models with WiFi 7 and we will be completely screwed. this is my last router from asus. never again

The last official firmware was 21st November 2022.. Almost over 1 year, no firmware update at all..

Did asus given up their flagship mesh router?
Zen series are not Flagship Items. GT and Zen(XT) are just niche market items. Their flagships are RT series. I never recommend GT and Zen(XT) series. ASUS's strategy is Sell and Forget.

Last edited:
I think Asus has serious problems in their 3.0.0.6 firmwares and that's why they haven't updated firmwares of all their High-end Wifi6 and Wifi6e routers since 4-5 months.

But it's 100% true that Asus is now concentrating on their just released or soon to be released "Alpha version" of Wifi7 models. You will not even be beta testing them if you buy them. YOU WOULD BE ALPHA TESTING THEM.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!