What's new

Asus GT-AX6000 cpu sharing methods

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Epic1Hit

Occasional Visitor
is there any addon i can install for cpu sharing methods? i have flex qos. download speed is 1400 upload speed is 40 i set my qos settings like this 22.7 up and 600 down when someone downloads a big file my cpu1 gets maxed out at 99% was wondering if there was somthing i can do about this.

also how can i disable the wifi from this and using it only as a routing to take off cpu load. i am connected with my other routers in aimesh and when i go to Wireless - Professional to turn of the Radio it turns off all my ap aswell

With download bandwidth a Gig and over QOS is usually not recommended. If you really need QOS set the download to 110% of tested download bandwidth and upload to 90% of tested upload bandwidth. This should allow heavy downloads without bothering the main processor.

Merlin doesn’t use irqbalance.

Merlin doesn’t use irqbalance.
ok thank you im gonna do with a mini pc firewall with open wrt

Or you're just another victim of online bufferbloat measuring tools, fighting with non-existing issue in 99% of your Internet use.
oh no, the problem is there and i set it in my games and tested but the weird thing about it is for me to fix the problem i have to set my upload speed from 40 to about 20 and download speed from 1400 to 600 to fix the problem. but with that said cpu1 gets maxed out when downloading a big file. that for me isnt future proof

Home routers rely heavily on NAT acceleration techniques. The CPU used in GT-AX6000 can process perhaps no more than 400Mbps true SQM. You've got a router, switch and access point for $400 + user friendly GUI. Firewalls with x86 hardware and multi-Gigabit ports start from around $700.

Home routers rely heavily on NAT acceleration techniques. The CPU used in GT-AX6000 can process perhaps no more than 400Mbps true SQM. You've got a router, switch and access point for $400 + user friendly GUI. Firewalls with x86 hardware and multi-Gigabit ports start from around $700.
i just bought one with a cpu N6005 8gig ram 128gig nvme with 4 port 2.5g for $350 and i already have 4 AP in my house and a switch so for me getting this router is a no brainer after what iv learned and return the ax6000 back

ServeTheHome did a YouTube review on a couple of these about a week ago and one of them was from KingNovy.

NEW 2.5GbE Fanless Router Firewall Virtualization Hosts

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!