What's new

ASUS GT-AXE11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.986.30000 ???

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alpab

New Around Here
I own 3x ASUS GT-AXE11000. A couple months ago, a newer firmware (3.0.0.4.986_30000-ge0fc773) was available for only one of them. I found it weird that it was showing for only one of them, but proceeded to use the ASUS Router iOS app to upgrade it anyway. Figured maybe it'll show up for the other two sooner or later. But I haven't been able to find any information regarding any such firmware version since. What in the world is going on—no such firmware version was ever released? I don't think it is any kind of beta version either.

axe11000.jpg

axe11000b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Beta firmware was seeded by mistake for few minutes. It must be the firmware based on newer Broadcom SDK with newer networking features. Why not reset that node and swap it out in place of main router to find out any changes?

Last edited:
Last night I hard reset that specific router to factory defaults, hooked it up directly to a laptop and uploaded the current latest firmware. Works fine now. It has one device (a Philips Hue Bridge) physically connected via ethernet, which was working fine, but the router was not entertaining any WiFi connections while on 3.0.0.4.986.30000. Thankfully, it's back to functioning normally on 3.0.0.4.388.22525 now.

I've almost exclusively been using ASUS routers for 10+ years, and never had anything like this happen. One of the reasons for creating this thread was for SEO reasons, in case others are searching for the same.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!