What's new

ASUS GT-BE98 Pro MLO dilemma

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

the_harpy

New Around Here
Hi everyone.
Got an used ASUS GT-BE98 Pro from one of my friend came back from USA. It is not available in my country.
I have configured it properly albeit 6GHz not available as per regulation.
Updated the firmware to v3.0.0.6.102_34491 , everything are working properly , but if I enable the MLO button within MLO tab the router stuck.
Just merely enabling the MLO button is causing this. Not even adding any MLO profile or anything , just enabling button cause router to stuck , sometimes all wifi LED off , sometimes stop blinking , SSID advertising also stop and router fully disconnect from every wifi client.
Again after hard re-booting it works for 5-10 mins , then same issue.

But if I disable the MLO , the router is rock stable with Smartconnect enabled
Any help would be appreciated.

You will have to reset the router to factory defaults after upgrading to firmware: v3.0.0.6.102_34491. This is the first version that supports MLO.

Is your laptop/PC windows or Mac?
Also, if you only used GUI restore option to reset the router; try the WPS button reset method.

Last edited:
OK, best method is to use the WPS reset, then configure your WiFi: IoT and MLO from the QIS web menu.

OK, best method is to use the WPS reset, then configure your WiFi: IoT and MLO from the QIS web menu.
I will try and let u know
BTW I also tried Merlin's latest alpha with same outcome
Don't able to understand what the logic to must enable smartconnect and MLO in ASUS router simultaneously.
thanks

Yes, smartconnect and MLO both go hand in hand. MLO is still in infancy. I have my BE98 Pro working ok with Merlin's build. However, the MLO performance is still an issue.

Yes, smartconnect and MLO both go hand in hand. MLO is still in infancy. I have my BE98 Pro working ok with Merlin's build. However, the MLO performance is still an issue.
At least u can enable MLO , but in my case I am not even get it enabled
can u just share the screenshot of your MLO setting if possible.
Only enabling MLO is sufficient or enabling and add one MLO profile also needed ?

MLO setup

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 4.07.04 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 4.07.04 AM.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
No need to touch that for testing purpose first. Should work as is.
Snapshot of network pro tab

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 4.24.45 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 4.24.45 AM.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 155
Since your friend bought you an used router, this still could be a factory reset issue. Please try few times the WPS reset, until you are able to setup MLO/IoT using the QIS WiFi setup.

At least u can enable MLO , but in my case I am not even get it enabled
can u just share the screenshot of your MLO setting if possible.
Only enabling MLO is sufficient or enabling and add one MLO profile also needed ?
Enable MLO: From router GUI It's a two step process, enable MLO, then add the MLO network, From the reset router, QIS: its pretty straight forward, setup IoT and MLO.

Enable MLO: From router GUI It's a two step process, enable MLO, then add the MLO network, From the reset router, QIS: its pretty straight forward, setup IoT and MLO.
No go
reset two times through WPS method , configure MLO from QIS.
Just enabling MLO , router stuck , wifi LED stop blinking , SSID no show.
Disabling MLO (keeping smart-connect enabled) all normal , stable.
Tested both Official and Merlin Alpha Fw , exact same issue.

Hmm, it's odd. Since it's an used router, something got corrupted, perhaps.
Suggestions:
1. If you're using the default ASUS IP then change from 192.168.50.1 TO 192.168.1.1 then give it a try again.
2. Disable smartconnect and set up the WiFi individually with different SSIDs and reboot.
3. Check all the individual bands and make sure it all works, If all works then,
4. Enable smart connect again and see if you can enable MLO, this time.

Hi all ,
after about 48hrs of testing I found below scenario

1> MLO disabled but smartconnect enabled with one SSID or smartconnect disabled with 4 different SSID , wifi transmit power set to power saving mode , all working incl 6G-1 and 6G-2 . Actually in this scenario we can set any wifi transmit power.

2> smartconnect + MLO enabled with one MLO profile added and activated , wifi transmit power must be set to at least fair or higher , if I set transmit power to power saving mode within 3min all wifi getting disabled and wifi icon in router login page greyed out.

Wifi transmit power can be set from wifi professional tab.

Any one else checked this setting ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!