What's new

Asus IPv6 Tunnel 6to4 question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Someone who knows more than I should make a new guide for setting up a Tunnel for Asus cause each guide had small errors that borked the setup.
Not just for the merlin firmware.

Edit: to be honest I don't remember trying this with non merlin firmware but in theory it should work.

Last edited:
I'd now install IPvFoo and trust that more than the IPv6 test sites! Glad it's all working for you now :)
I installed that extension and I believe I understand it. According to it, when I access these test sites the connection is an IPv6 connection.
6in4 (especially HE's one) will definitely be faster. However your speed test may be using IPv4 and bypassing the tunnel anyway, since 6in4 will only route IPv6 over the tunnel and the rest goes direct.
When I said my speeds were faster, I meant even faster than before tweaking these settings. Just on IPv4, though I paid for 1000/1000 speeds, I would rarely get even 700 hardwired. My ISP was pretty unbothered by this so my hands were tied.

You are correct that sites like SpeedTest.net, Fast.com, and others will be using IPv4. But even that is faster than before I made any changes. Testing IPv6 speeds (confirmed IPv6 connection), I get around 20-240 Mbps depending on where in the world I am connecting to.

Overall, I am quite happy with this and really appreciate the help you two have provided. I am curious why these speeds are so much faster, but I am not going to go messing with things.

One last general question is on security. Is there anything I should be aware of or change? I know there was an IPv4 setting to not enable, but beyond that I have not seen much.