What's new

Asus Merlin 386 Open VPN problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MatteoPV

Hello everyone. I am using gnuton firmware 386.01 on Asus DSL AC 68 U. But since last night I have a problem with the VPN. I use Express VPN configured in OpenVPN mode. Since last night, in the system log file I have many entries created every 10 seconds with written: pptp [1963]: PPTP: Unknown host 1, I don't understand why. I have never set up a PPTP client. I contacted the technical assistance of expressvpn but according to them everything is ok, even if I have never seen this type of communication in the log file.It started last night when while I was streaming, the router interrupted the connection by itself and then made it restart. I don't understand what could have happened.

I found an anomaly in the VPN regulation, due to me. Under Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel I had also inserted two devices with the express vpn app on board, so in some cases it was vpn + vpn. I have adjusted these two devices so that they are out of the modem vpn.

I have a question. I noticed that I can start several opnevpn servers on the router at the same time, if more servers are active and I ask that they be started in boot the router does it but then obviously uses one, based on what it chooses the server to use ???? Can I have more servers active at boot but then use what I want ????
If I activate the guest network, can I make sure that everyone who connects to that network is channeled into vpn?

This is used in conjonction with selective routing. I have two remote sites, so i route traffic to one opnevpn or the other based on IP.
Of course if you route all traffic through the VPN, then having two active connection will not work.
I believe the first in the list will be used all the time. Hope this helps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!