What's new

Asus Merlin AC68U Open Nat Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

l_jon123

New Around Here
Hello, I was hoping to get some help from someone on here. I can't just seem to have my nat type on war zone change from moderate to strict to open.

Im currently on the merlin firmware on ac68u, Runing open VPN from express VPN (VPN Client)

I have Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel set up and have specified to route my PS5 static IP through this.

Additionally I have specified ports to open for war zone under the port forwarding section + DMZ allowance but for some reason, none of this works.

Could anyone please assist ?

If you're asking about "Enable UPnP", yes.
This is on by default, (at least for me) still can't seem to get it to work ? is there a tutorial on this somewhere I can look at? Ive even turn off all VPN options to try and get an open nat type but this just won't do. Its weird cause I've done the exact same things on a regular firmware but still no budge..Any help would be really appreciated/

You probably won't get "open" NAT showing. Depending of what test you're running it's more likely to show as "moderate". This is normal. In which case you don't need to do anything.

This is on by default, (at least for me) still can't seem to get it to work ? is there a tutorial on this somewhere I can look at? Ive even turn off all VPN options to try and get an open nat type but this just won't do. Its weird cause I've done the exact same things on a regular firmware but still no budge..Any help would be really appreciated/
Any port forward traffic going through the tunnel needs to be setup with your Tunnel provider. They forward the ports for you otherwise this will not work through VPN.

I tried this a few years ago with the game counter-strike, I had to forward three ports and I asked Torguard my tunnel provider to forward traffic on those ports. It worked sort of okay, but to be honest it's a huge pain to play a game with great frame rates.

For what it's worth, I don't use a VPN and use UPnP, as there are multiple consoles in the house that connect to Xbox Live and PSN, quite often at the same time, and without UPnP, they cannot all get an Open NAT at the same time.

I've used UPnP on the N66U, AC68U and AC86U (current router) and this has always achieved an Open NAT on the consoles.

For what it's worth, I don't use a VPN and use UPnP, as there are multiple consoles in the house that connect to Xbox Live and PSN, quite often at the same time, and without UPnP, they cannot all get an Open NAT at the same time.

I've used UPnP on the N66U, AC68U and AC86U (current router) and this has always achieved an Open NAT on the consoles.
Did you just enable UPnP or also configure Open NAT - gaming profiles?