What's new

Asus-Merlin firmware support tftp server?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Understand that USB mount is later than dnsmasq, but if I restart the dnsmasq service after USB is mounted, the tftp server should work properly right? But it still does not work after I restart the dnsmasq service.

Given that dnsmasq's tftp 'works' when using /jffs/pxe, and your configuration data is apparently too large to fit onto /jffs then I have no idea what is causing your particular tftp issue, as clearly we are agreed that tftp functionalty can and does actually work on these routers - just not with your large file.

Good luck

Given that dnsmasq's tftp 'works' when using /jffs/pxe, and your configuration data is apparently too large to fit onto /jffs then I have no idea what is causing your particular tftp issue, as clearly we are agreed that tftp functionalty can and does actually work on these routers - just not with your large file.

Good luck

Hi Martineau:

Although tftpd won't work if I put entire files in USB drive (symbol link from /jffs/pxe to /mnt/USB3/pxe does not work either), but I found a workaround. I placed entire files into /jffs/pxe except the winpe.wim which is the large file, and I created a symbol link in router pointing to winpe.wim in USB drive, that works!

Thanks you and Rmerlin very much to help me figure out all my issues!