What's new

Asus Merlin firmware: VPN and Port Forwarding/DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

9000RPM

New Around Here
I've been using my RT87U over a year now with Merlin. I recently signed up for a VPN service and configured it in Merlin. The issue that I'm having is I can no longer log in to my synology nas or webcam outside of my wifi network using the dns address I'd set up.

Is there a proper way to set it up? Is it because port forwarding doesn't work behind a VPN? I would like to remote in to my camera when I'm away from house but I am forgetful to turn off the vpn service every morning.

Also, will Merlin ever implement a feature that allows user to setup a schedule to run the vpn client service automatically between two predetermined times?

I've been using my RT87U over a year now with Merlin. I recently signed up for a VPN service and configured it in Merlin. The issue that I'm having is I can no longer log in to my synology nas or webcam outside of my wifi network using the dns address I'd set up.

Is there a proper way to set it up? Is it because port forwarding doesn't work behind a VPN? I would like to remote in to my camera when I'm away from house but I am forgetful to turn off the vpn service every morning.

Also, will Merlin ever implement a feature that allows user to setup a schedule to run the vpn client service automatically between two predetermined times?

Might be best to post in the Merlin Sub-Forum, as there is where the majority of issues/bugs/topics are.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!