What's new

Asus Merlin Media-Bridge Mode Bug

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I only have an RT-AC68U left over and can use/test media bridge with it (before I used an RP-AC68U but it broke, that's why I ran into this issue now lately with 386.11). But telling dnsmasq that it shouldn't give IPs (no-dhcp-interface=br0) fixed it for me. Obviously this statement seems missing in 386 as in 388 it's there (see RMerlin's example).

I only have an RT-AC68U left over and can use/test media bridge with it (before I used an RP-AC68U but it broke, that's why I ran into this issue now lately with 386.11). But telling dnsmasq that it shouldn't give IPs (no-dhcp-interface=br0) fixed it for me.
This sounds like it's specific to 386, and Asus had resolved it in 388. When I get back to working on 386 I will need to figure out the fix Asus implemented in 388, and backport it if it's not in their latest 386 GPL yet.

This sounds like it's specific to 386, and Asus had resolved it in 388. When I get back to working on 386 I will need to figure out the fix Asus implemented in 388, and backport it if it's not in their latest 386 GPL yet.

In the official firmware the fix was present well before 388 base.
This official firmware version for ax56U, 3.0.0.4.386.49380, released 23/06/2022, is immune to the problem. Don't know about the earlier one because I didn't try them.
So it possibile that the 386 GPL they give to you is older or the official firmware contains different code respect to the GPL (backports from 388.. seems strange because in june it was still in beta...but who knows)

Works for me as well with 386.12. no-dhcp-interface=br0 is present in the generated config file.

I connect at 3206 mbps and still cant get 1900 mbps through a bridge using a rt-ax86u pro
The point Is that the link options are set in the router, not in the media bridge...in the media bridge wifi section you only choose the AP to connect to and nothing else.
So which Is the meaning of: "Merlin Is best because It let me set 160 MHz in the media bridge?"

Works for me as well with 386.12. no-dhcp-interface=br0 is present in the generated config file.

its not for me either, and yet i have 3 mobile phones with DHCP leases from my media bridges rather than the main router.

when it happens to a notebook or the xbox i get nagged at because the bridge is picked up as the DHCP DNS provider instead of the main router.

its not for me either, and yet i have 3 mobile phones with DHCP leases from my media bridges rather than the main router.

when it happens to a notebook or the xbox i get nagged at because the bridge is picked up as the DHCP DNS provider instead of the main router.
Merlin firmware is useless in media-bridge mode and this bug is present from about one year and half.
Use official firmware which is immune.

Wow, my merlin firmware works flawless os bridge mode.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!