What's new

Asus PCE-AC68 cant find 5ghz channel

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PhilosopherSe7en

Occasional Visitor
Hi..

Is there any way to get this card to pick up wifi channels over channel 48? I finally got my ruter to send on a channel over 100 just to figure out that PCE-AC68 cant find channels over 48.

just to figure out that PCE-AC68 cant find channels over 48.

but it can , it can see channels 36 to 48 and 100 to 165

but cant see or use channels between 50 and 100 well it cant see them using the asus drivers

what router are you using as it sounds like its regional setting doesnt allow over ch 100 like the fritzbox's

if your routers regional settings only allow it to transmit certain channels , you could get around this by changing regional settings ( which isnt all that legal ), or use the tp link T9E drivers for the asus adapter as its drivers are set for euro type regional operation

the tp link T9E and asus pce-ac68 are exactly the same hardware wise

Last edited:
I use Asus RT-AC66U.

There are noe restrictions to channel I can use here in Norway. In fact the router that my internett company provides is set to channel 108 as default. So I cant figure out why PCE-AC68 is the only device that cant find wifi on that channel.

I will try to use 142-165 in my router to se if the card will pick up the channel.

just be aware that ch 149 to 163 have the highest power output of all the 5 gig channels ( outside of the usa which is changing ), this is why i use ch 153 :)

just be aware that ch 149 to 163 have the highest power output of all the 5 gig channels ( outside of the usa which is changing ), this is why i use ch 153 :)

I don't think that is true anymore. For many, many firmware revisions, the lower channels offer the best range and throughput in my experience (high power output is not the criteria to chase).

I don't think that is true anymore.

in the usa the fcc has raised the lower 5 gig band to match the upper band power levels , but in all other regions it is still the case that the higher 5 gig channels have better power

i generally use ch 153 for 5 gig as it seems to give the best performance

Not until I did this was I able to see & use the 5 Ghz band with this adapter. I've installed and uninstalled many times and tried various things. I was about to return it as defective. Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!